“A Friendly, Cosy, Clean and Interesting Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Monte Vista

Hotel Monte Vista
Ranked #31 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
“A Friendly, Cosy, Clean and Interesting Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Three of us stayed just the one night here (in the Presidential Suite - two rooms, shared bathroom) and loved it. The location doesn't come much better, staff were very friendly, the room clean and tidy, and the building itself just wonderful. It's a little shabby (for want of a better word) due to it's age, but has such fantastic character that any shabbiness just contributes to the overall feeling.

We had some (er, a lot) of drinks in the bar, which had a superb acoustic duo playing, and had a brilliant time (great selection of beers on tap. Which I regretted the next morning). As a nice little bonus we were given a sheet of paper that listed all the ghost stories connected with the hotel, one of was in our room (didn't hear anything but suspect that was due to said beer).

I'd definitely stay here again - and not just for one night.

There is parking around the back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Aliso Viejo, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Sean, the manager of Hotel Monte Vista, not only would not credit me for a parking ticket which I incurred because of the ineptitude of Sara, a newly hired hotel clerk (she gave me a parking voucher that was only good for two hours and never told me I had to park in their parking lot for any longer stays), but also would not even talk to me on the phone to explain why nor reply to my email (yeah, probably because he knew he was morally and ethically wrong for not crediting my bill for the $33 ticket). BAD, BAD CUSTOMER RELATIONS!!!! Thanks to BofA's credit department for giving me credit for it because I am a long-standing good customer!

Room Tip: Don't give them cash!!!
Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank alyce l

Travelers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We have stayed at the Monte Vista several times while in Flagstaff. It is a funny, quirky place which we have enjoyed but can understand other visitors not being as easily entertained as we are. The Rendezvous Bar, located on the first floor corner of the hotel and looking out at the stores in the old part of Flagstaff, is a beauty! " A coffee bar by day and a martini bar by night" pretty much describes it. Something for everyone. Great views, good traffic, good service and a great martini ( Bombay Safire on the rocks, very dry, a lemon twist). What is not to enjoy. When we were in Flagstaff this past week for one night, we didn't stay at the Monte Vista but did make time to spend an hour in the Rendezvous.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Planned a day trip and got snowed in. This was the only choice I had being that the blizzard made it impossible to drive. The woman at the desk was so nice and hospitable, and got me their ''Betty White Room''(cali. King bed, 4 big windows, large space considering the turn of the century layout). Very enjoyable stay despite the situation. In the heart of old flagstaff, great thai restaurant two buildings down, and a cute cafe and fun arcade with a bar and pool tables adjacent to the lobby.

• Stayed February 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

The room had a great view, it had charming decor and I slept very well. The bathroom was small but charming. The service was nice, and they even lent us a cork screw from the bar to open wine we bought down the street.

We had a good stay. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Rooms where famous people have stayed seem better than the others. We were happy in our corner room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

My rating is based on a single night in this historic setting, which is all I recommend, but I do recommend that travelers to Flagstaff avail themselves of the opportunity to step back in time for a night in a bare clean cowboy room that is more than adequate. The patient young lady at the front desk was particularly helpful in suggesting places for me to get whatever I needed or wanted and she took her time, drew maps for me, and was most polite. While other reviewers have complained about noise, I did not find any and I stayed on a Saturday night, sleeping soundly without any interruption. If live music was being offered downstairs, then it never infiltrated my room and trains are a non-issue despite my sensitive hearing. It's a fun place to stay for a night downtown and a step back in time to a simpler life.

Room Tip: Rooms vary according to history. Inquire before booking to enhance your stay.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Candorman
utrecht
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Ok it's old the painting and the furniture But we like old hotels. Its in the middle of downtown. We slept in the 'Freddy mercury ' room on the 4 th floor in a corner room with an extra window. So yes it was far away from the first floor and the saloon. Ok the bathroom was small. But the room was clean. All the people that complain should go to one of the chain hotels with no character at all.

• Stayed September 2012