“Corner Room on an Upper Floor”
Review of Hotel Monte Vista

Hotel Monte Vista
Ranked #29 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The room had a great view, it had charming decor and I slept very well. The bathroom was small but charming. The service was nice, and they even lent us a cork screw from the bar to open wine we bought down the street.

We had a good stay. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Rooms where famous people have stayed seem better than the others. We were happy in our corner room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Monte Vista

Reviewed September 26, 2012

My rating is based on a single night in this historic setting, which is all I recommend, but I do recommend that travelers to Flagstaff avail themselves of the opportunity to step back in time for a night in a bare clean cowboy room that is more than adequate. The patient young lady at the front desk was particularly helpful in suggesting places for me to get whatever I needed or wanted and she took her time, drew maps for me, and was most polite. While other reviewers have complained about noise, I did not find any and I stayed on a Saturday night, sleeping soundly without any interruption. If live music was being offered downstairs, then it never infiltrated my room and trains are a non-issue despite my sensitive hearing. It's a fun place to stay for a night downtown and a step back in time to a simpler life.

Room Tip: Rooms vary according to history. Inquire before booking to enhance your stay.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Candorman
Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Ok it's old the painting and the furniture But we like old hotels. Its in the middle of downtown. We slept in the 'Freddy mercury ' room on the 4 th floor in a corner room with an extra window. So yes it was far away from the first floor and the saloon. Ok the bathroom was small. But the room was clean. All the people that complain should go to one of the chain hotels with no character at all.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank luzUtrecht
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Me and my boyfriend arrived Flagstaff today , and we loved it right away!

The downtown area is fantastisk with great restaurants and of course the Monte Vista hotel! It was perfect for our stay , and a good price for staying downtown:)

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Yogini82
Reviewed September 18, 2012

The best thing about this hotel was the location, right in downtown, with free parking. The rooms and decor were dated, with carpets needing renewing. The rooms could have been cleaner, as the carpets had crumbs on still. No breakfast included, so a little on the expensive side. Stayed 2 nights in August, so we could see more of Flagstaff, a great little town, but if we ever went back we'd find somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2012

On my second trip to Flagstaff to deposit a daughter at NAU, I thought it would be fun to stay downtown as it has a great vibe, good food and atmosphere. I booked the "Monte V" as the locals call it. Our first indication of something amiss was when the front desk clerk advised that while they do not have bellmen, the bouncers are more than willing to help. Our "Penthouse Suite" was 2 small, separate rooms with lockable doors connected by a small corridor with a small bathroom. The red, black and gold decor was garrish, and the red carpet smelled old and musty. The windows are nailed shut around a window A/C unit and although loud, not loud enough to drown out the boistrous noise of the partrons leaving the bar at 2am who decided to hang around outside our window for another hour chatting and laughing. We learned that anyone in the know would ask for anything but the 2nd floor as that is where pets are allowed and it is right above a very popular bar. I had asked if there was another room available, but they were sold out. When we checked out in the morning (2 nights ahead of schedule) we were not even asked why. The lobby and Rendevous lounge are lovely, too bad the 2nd floor leaves much to be desired.

Room Tip: Some rooms are featured in photos in the lobby...ask for one of those.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MadMom6
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Each room is different and named for a famous person who has stayed in the room. We stayed in the Jane Russell room (312) which is the "red" room as in everything is red (walls, ceiling, bedspread, etc..). The room was large while the bathroom was small. The bed was comfortable. This was a fun place to stay. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends