“It is one of my favorite B&Bs” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Starlight Pines B&B

Starlight Pines B&B
Ranked #3 of 13 Flagstaff B&B and Inns
Urspo
“It is one of my favorite B&Bs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2009

I have stayed several times at Starlight Pines; not once has the experience fallen flat. The rooms are lovely; the breakfasts are excellent. One of my favorite places is the front porch, I enjoy hearing the trains and feeling the Northern Arizona breezes.
But the main reason for my continual return are the hosts. Michael and Richard are superb innkeepers. I always feel welcome and well attended. I can not imagine staying anywhere else when in Flagstaff.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2009

From the moment we were warmly greeted at the door until the morning we waved goodbye, Richard and Michael went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and at home in their lovely B & B in beautiful Flagstaff, AZ. Our room was clean, spacious and beautifully appointed with comfy bed and linens, tasteful decorations, and fluffy towels. Mornings greeted us with hot coffee, tea, fruit salads, and unique breakfast creations, a great start to a day of exploring area attractions. Michael and Richard were on hand to offer assistance in dinner reservations, and entertainment ideas, as well as making their home available for a day I spent in bed with a bad back. We couldn't have been better cared for and wouldn't hesitate to recommend Starlight Pines to family and friends.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2009

My partner and I have stayed at Starlight Pines on 3 previous visits to Flagstaff since 2006 and have always found it outstanding. My in-laws joined on on the most recent (4th) visit and were equally impressed. Our hosts went out of their way to accommodate us. They emailed us prior to our visit to ensure we were aware it was a busy weekend in their city and to assist with dinner reservations prior to our arrival. They assisted us with an early check-in. Rooms are charming, impeccably clean and very comfortable. Breakfast is well prepared and beautifully presented. We have always found the other guests to be pleasant and friendly.

We have already booked our next visit and look forward to many more in the future.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
salt lake city utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

my partner and i recently had our third opportunity to enjoy the support of Starlight Pines while attending a week of teachings on Buddhism. the breakfast menu never repeated itself the entire time we were in the warm embrace of the inn. The owners, Richard and Michael were attentive and helpful no matter what it was that we needed. Michael took me to see a glass blowing event that was a real treat for me and Richard took me to art galleries. I grant you i am good company, but this was a great act of generosity on their part and most appreciated by both of us. Laughter was bountiful whenever we had time to relax and have conversation together. We were very impressed with their devotion to all of their clients who stayed at the inn. All of us felt uniquely important to them. There is no doubt that all of our trips to Flagstaf will involve staying with Richard and Michael at their beautiful inn.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

On the way from the Grand Canyon back to Phoenix we wanted to stop in Flagstaff to see local sights. We'd booked a room at Starlight Pines B&B on the recommendation of our host at a previous B&B in Sedona only 2 days previously, and were delighted at what we found: a very easy access from the interstate, a wonderful, well-maintained Victorian house, and friendly, helpful hosts Richard and Michael, with their three delightful dogs. Our room was large, very comfortable and clean, and the bathroom very clean and in good order. Richard helped us find a great restaurant for dinner (Josephine's) and actually made the reservations for us. Had we wanted to use laptops, we could have--the place is definitely up to date for communication! Breakfast was beautiful, delicious and healthy, accompanied by plenty of interesting conversation involving us, another family of guests including two very with-it teenage children, and Richard and Michael. Starlight Pines was a serendipitous find!! We'd definitely stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2008

From the moment I called to reserve a room, my experience with Richard, Michael and their Starlight Pines B&B was a total delight.

The guys are warm, friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, hospitable - and extremely nice people to share some time with. I was begging for someone to cancel so I could stay longer. I really didn't want to get off the swing chair on the porch and move on to the rest of my trip. Richard and Michael made me feel so welcome, I felt like I'd made a couple of new friends.

The house is beautiful - lovingly and thoughtfully furnished with antiques which make the whole place a cosy, comfortable home. I stayed in the art deco room which has a bathroom with a clawfoot bath. Brilliant! I saw the other rooms, which are glorious and individually decorated, with balconies.

Superb freshly cooked breakfasts too, each morning different. I had fruit and french toast one morning, herby scrambled egg and asparagus the next. Yum!

Try to book in advance, Starlight Pines is deservedly popular, with a lot of repeat business.

• Liked — Beautiful house decorated with love, care and attention. Extremely comfortable and welcoming.
  • Disliked — It's so popular, I couldn't stay even longer - no rooms available!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Flanders, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2008

We were approaching the end of our trip in the southwest of the US and were exchausted when we reached Flagstaff. Our stay in the Starlight Pines was what we needed: if felt like coming home. The rooms are beautiful, the setting is wonderful and Richard made us fee like home. His three dogs are like family to his guests.

Richard also gave us a very short but useful overview of the region and the places to visit.

Breakfast was the best we had in the US.

Anyone who wants a place to stay in Flagstaff or near the Grand Canyon: take it, you can't get any better, believe me.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)