“Another relaxing stay among the pines...”

Starlight Pines B&B
Ranked #3 of 11 Flagstaff B&B and Inns
Phoenix
“Another relaxing stay among the pines...”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have stayed here before with my wife. This time around, my son and I stayed two nights at the Starlight Pines, while on a trip to Northern Arizona for some hiking in the area. As always, it was a relaxing stay and a perfect compliment to the outdoor activities of the day!! The room was extremely comfortable and the French Toast in the morning was fabulous!! Looking forward to my next stay!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Tucson, AZ
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Even innkeepers enjoy getting away to a B & B, and as Tucson B & B owners, we selected Starlight Pines (having read its glowing reviews on TripAdvisor). The Peacock Room was very pleasant and spacious for our three night stay. Wi fi helped us keep tab on business, but we found plenty of time to relax, as well. Great location with neighborhood and nearby walking trails available. Each bath has a shower in addition to the vintage style tub. Walnut Canyon was a great explore, with steps galore. The Lowell Observatory was suprisingly captivating. Our trip to the Grand Canyon, with a stop enroute at the Little Colorado Gorge Overlook, was wonderful, until our vehicle "became ill". Richard answered the call with referral to an automotive service location. He also graciously accommodated an early breakfast, and a "to go" breakfast for a very early departure! It was Michael's day off, so we had some great conversation with him as well. Best wishes Richard and Michael!

Room Tip: Peacock Room faces Lockett, but road noise is not a problem with closed windows. The trains do not...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AZGR8BNB
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Not our first stay and not our last. Richard an Michael have the nicest B & B I've stayed in while traveling to Flagstaff. Don't miss this treat! Great breakfast, wonderfully decorated rooms and the perfect hosts. I can't say enough. Try it, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank MountainMan900
starlightpinesbb, Owner at Starlight Pines B&B, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your repeated trip to Flagstaff and for staying here at Starlight Pines! We BOTH look forward to seeing you both soon!!

Richard
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We would go back here in a heartbeat. Richard was gracious, friendly, a great conversationalist and a fantastic cook. You can't beat that. The room was comfortable and inviting. His two dogs were an added bonus. Very sweet and friendly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank AZLover2013
Davie, Florida
Reviewed March 28, 2013

For me, it was the first time ever staying at a B&B. The Starlight Pines Bed and Breakfast is a quaint home in Flagstaff. Richard, one of the owners of the Starlight Pines, was extremely gracious and very friendly- It was if we had been friends forever. The breakfasts were delicious and different from ususal breakfast fare. If anyone is interested in staying in Flagstaff, I highly recommend the Starlight Pines Bed & Breakfast- close to the downton Flagstaff area and not far from the Grand Canyon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank linda t
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This is my second visit to this wonderful B&B in flagstaff, AZ. The proprietors are wonderful hosts and the breakfasts are very special. Stayed in the romantic dragonfly room complete with woodburning fireplace. Hospitality is really wonderful. Made certain we were comfortable and asked about our daily plans to provide suggestions on routes and places to visit. Thanks again. We'll be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RKReader
Urspo
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Michael and Richard continue to run a place that ranks five star. First and foremost is their hospitality. They do little extra things to make my visit splendid. This time R noticed how I took my coffee; the next day he handed me my cup already prepared. I was often asked if the heat was enough, did I need anything, and what sort of breakfast would I want (which was provided).

Room Tip: the dragonfly room has a fireplace; the peacock room has two beds; I like the room in the back for t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple