“A wonderful Memorial Day visit at the Starlight”

and 1 more site!
Starlight Pines B&B
Ranked #3 of 12 Flagstaff B&B and Inns
Herndon Heights, Virginia, United States
“A wonderful Memorial Day visit at the Starlight”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

My travel parter and I stayed at the Starlight B&B on our way to the Grand Canyon over Memorial Day weekend. I must say that the Starlight B&B is an absolute gem. We stayed in the Art Deco room which was fully decored in, well you guessed it-- Art Deco antiques and such. There was also a claw-foot tub and shower in the spacious bathroom.
The B&B itself was actually built as a B&B within the last 15-20 years I believe, but looks like it has been there for a while (giving it a nice home-like feeling).
Breakfast was great and Richard was a wonderful host. he was very helpful and quick to answer any questions that we may have had. He knows the area very well, and there is a plethora of informative brochures available as well. This was our first time tstaying there (my first time to Flagstaff), and I would highly reccomend the Starlight to anyone who may be looking for a nice, quiet, friendly place to stay. Denny, Washington, DC

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dennis W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I and my travel companion stayed in the "Art Deco" room downstairs behind the kitchen area, Saturday (5/26) of Memorial Day Weekend. It was our over-night stay between a day in Sedona and then visiting the south rim of The Grand Canyon. Richard was the perfect host, and by the way, a great cook :-) The room was wonderful, clean, with our own private bath and nicely furnished with antiques. In fact the entire 2-story B&B is well stocked with antiques. Be sure to check out the Dr/Dentist chair upstairs :-) Richard had a full house that night, which made for stimulating breakfast conversation the next morning over his wonderful green chile/cheese egg "frittata" with fellow guests from Phoenix, Albuquerque, Suburban Washington DC, Sacramento and Seattle. I'd recommend the Starlight Pines for sure...it's just 5-minutes from I-40 in a nice quiet neighborhood. It can be a wonderful one-night stopover as we did, or be a great multi-night stay if you want to visit the area, including Sedona and the south rim of the Grand Canyon, both within an hour drive of the B&B. Richard knows the area, and can provide directions as well as dining recommendations too! Jerry, Glendale, AZ

Room Tip: Check their web site for photos/descriptions of the four rooms that are available. www.starlightpin...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jerry M
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 2, 2012

This was a charming bed and breakfast. I stayed upstairs in the Lily room which had a small balcony that looked out onto Mt. Elna. Richard, the owner, was so warm and friendly. He really made sure I was comfortable and well-taken care of. The B and B is off the main road in a quiet, residential area. There is a nice patio out front. For breakfast, Richard made a bread and egg casserole dish as well as a big fruit bowl parfait that was delicious. I happened to be the only guest there in the morning, so I was able to chit chat with him as he made breakfast. I did not get a chance to explore too far from the B and B. I went to Mama Luisa's for dinner, which was only 5 minutes away. The pesto linguini was delicious. I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We've made about ten trips here in the last eight years. We stay at Starlight Pines because we find our room very comfortable, the hosts accommodating, the dining and sitting areas attractive and the home-prepared breakfasts taste fresh and good. The property is small. (4 bedrooms) which allows for interesting conversation around the dining table.

Room Tip: We like the first floor bedroom with a king bed. But the upstairs Iris room with a balcony and view...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank janevoi
Queen Creek, Arizona
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I have stayed at Starlight Pines B/B many times in the past 4 years. Richard & Michael are so very accomodating and the breakfasts are always two courses. The Eggs Verticale is my favorite! The environment at Starlight Pines is so inviting to talk and interact with other guests, including Richard & Michael

Starlight Pines is a little more than 1 hour to the Grand Canyon. A magnificant place to see and visit each time I have stayed here! The B/B is a great spot to spend a few days seeing all the area attractions, including a short drive to Sedona.

They have 3 lovely dogs....one(Baxter) will try to enter your room and try to sucker you into more attention! Love him like crazy! The 2 others are just as adorable, but are up there in age, around 15...

All in all a great place to hang your hat for a few days...and it's the only place I will stay when visiting Flagstaff...and escaping the Phoenix heat this coming summer!

Room Tip: Art Deco on main floor with a huge soaking tub! Lily has its own balcony with great view of mountai...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Saline, Michigan
Reviewed April 2, 2012

There Are just not enough good things to say about this b&b. We stayed for a long weekend to tour grand canyon, petrified forest and painted desert. First, was the incredibly welcoming innkeeper himself. We had several opportunities to interact with him. First, he welcomed our family of 6 last minute, late (we called at about 7pm arriving at 11!!) and was available via text. He was available to answer every question regarding the areas attractions with recommendations. To say he was friendly is just not saying enough. Secondly, The home was impeccably clean. Thirdly the breakfasts were special ( I am sure the innkeeper could also open a wildly successful breakfast restaurant- the ones that have lines out the door every day). We felt he went out of his way to accommodate our every need. It is clear this is not just a job for him- it is his passion. He even went to pick up a birthday cake for my father in law's birthday celebration that we had after dinner one night. Our stay was spectacular and we are sure your stay will be too.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Hnaasko
Ballarat, Australia
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Wow! What old world charm and service. Ihave had the pleasure of staying at Starlight Pines twice in two weeksand hope to get in another stay before returning to Australia. Thank you Richard for your care and warmth. Colleen

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends