“Fast, Good and Inexpensive!”
Review of Tacos Los Altos

Tacos Los Altos
Ranked #38 of 361 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We go here at least a few times a month. Their breakfast burritos come jam packed with your preferred meat selection. I always top mine off with their extra hot salsa. The salsa bar makes it easy to pick and mix up your salsa choices. Everything seems fresh and takes longer than most fast-food Mexican food places. I also love their carne asada nachos! They are piled with so many great toppings. My fiance always orders their carnitas burrito and he hasn't found a better one out there!

Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

We have eaten here twice this month. It is quick and easy to order with the walk-up counter and the staff is always smiling and polite. The items are prices fair and the portions are ok. We always get our food to go and the few minutes to wait always results in hot, fresh food! Yum!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I had a chicken burrito and I was not a fan. It was loaded with plain chicken and peppers. After I ate it I was super sick the rest of the night until the next day. Throwing up with the worst stomach pains.

1  Thank Jessie R
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Tired from a long day of driving, my husband and I wanted some quick, tasty food to take back to our hotel room. This place fit the bill. I think I spent a little over $10 and got two very tasty burritos. Definitely check it out if you're in the area.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Was hoping for an inexpensive sit down Mexican dinner. Atmosphere was more like a typical small, old-style fast food taco stand, with closely spaced orange booths. Food was good, salsa bar was great, friendly mix of locals, families and travelers when we ate there on a weekday late afternoon. Might be crazy during rush times, as access to salsa bar and spacing of the tables is a little tight.

First the good- extensive menu on the wall, old style, had interesting items such as lengua (beef tongue) and carnitas tacos, lots of selection of types of tacos, burritos, etc. the prices seemed reasonable, staff was friendly, knowledgable, and patient, restaurant was clean, with napkin dispenser on the table (a plus!)

The not-so-good- plastic plates and silverware, vary small containers for salsa, my husband did not like the rice - soft texture with vegetables, although I liked it.

We were very hungry, so we ordered combination plates. My husband had two lengua soft tacos, and I had a one lengua soft taco with a carnitas tostada. The soft tacos were very good, served in double corn tortillas that were thick and tasty. This allowed us to use the extra tortillas to build additional rice and bean tacos. The carnitas tostada was delicious. The rice and bean portions were kind of small and not remarkable, next time I think a la carte would be a better choice to get a sample of a variety of items for the same price.

The combos were $6, although substituting the lengua and carnitas was an additional dollar per item, so our 2 combos ended up costing $17, still not too bad. Salsa bar contained had about 6 different types of salsa, plus jalapeños, onions, sliced cucumber and chopped cilantro. Would probably recommend paying an extra $2 for chips to take full advantage of the salsa bar.

Not a bad lunch, but as we were hoping for a more traditional sit down Mexican dinner, we left a little disappointed, but generally satisfied with the meal. Will try somewhere else next time we are in Flagstaff, maybe we need to move up to the next price range.

Been to Tacos Los Altos? Share your experiences!