“Fantastic ruins under a beautiful sky”

Wupatki National Monument
Book In Advance
More Info
$164.03*
and up
Ancient Spirits of the Canyon from Sedona
Ranked #2 of 109 things to do in Flagstaff
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore this fascinating ancient pueblo, located near the San Francisco Peaks, which once housed almost 100 members of the Anasazi and Sinagua tribes.
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We visit this park every time we are in the area. The reconstructed village near the visitor center is just lovely. The subtle desert colors are a splendid offset to the pink stone ruins. Everywhere you look is beauty. Our very favorite part is Lumaki, near the northern entrance. The ruins have been stabilized, but not restored and they are tiny jewels.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,591)

Reviewed October 8, 2012

On your visit to Flagstaff this attraction is the VERY FIRST thing to be on your agenda. I was fascinated with the fact that I learned where the mountains came from! I had no idea! I'm sorry I waited until practically my last day here.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

The loop that takes you to the village remnants is scenic with a view of the Painted Desert. The village was nicely preserved and the staff was excellent.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I don't know how many times my review title has been Wow in Arizona, but I can't think of a better word. Being able to see a little bit of history is so amazing, The ruins were really amazing to see and the views of the painted desert were breath taking!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

enjoyed viewing all the ruins, which gave great insight to the size and arrangement of the dwellings.