“Good Coffee, indifferent service”

Late for the Train Coffee
Ranked #8 of 16 Coffee & Tea in Flagstaff
Description: Late For The Train first opened in 1993 with the downtown Flagstaff cafe and they started roasting their own coffee not too long after, in 1996. Now there are three locations in the Flagstaff community that are supported by their first rate coffee roastery. Over the years they have maintained a level of quality that set them apart from the beginning. In addition to locally roasted quality coffee they offer a unique blend of mochas and chais, such as the Spicy Chai Latte where they give India’s national beverage a taste of Arizona with a touch of spicy peppers. The Coconino Mocha is a rich treat--ultra smooth and made in-house with premium chocolate and their hand-crafted cold-brewed coffee.
San Diego, California
“Good Coffee, indifferent service”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Went to the one in downtown. The coffee was great. The place was busy and bustling. The coffee with chocolate syrup (forgot what it is called) was amazing, but the service was indifferent. Not very friendly at all. If I lived in town I would not go again.

Visited January 2013
David D, Owner at Late for the Train Coffee, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
ElaineG29,
I am glad you enjoyed our mocha made with chocolate syrup. I think it may have been our Coconino Mocha. We also use cold-brewed coffee in that drink. I am sorry though that our staff appeared indifferent to you. That is not at all what I hope our customer experience to be. Not having great customer service is always a tough thing to hear. It is difficult to say the least. I hope you give us another chance. We are always working to make things better; which is why your review is helpful. Thank you for sharing your experience. I will strive to make it better next time by sharing your review with the cafe staff. David (founder/owner)

London, United Kingdom
“Nice place to stop by...just don't ask for espresso”
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

We came here for our daily dose of coffee. The atmosphere is nice, central location, friendly staff and good coffee. The only but....the espresso was a cup full...not a real espresso.

David D, Owner at Late for the Train Coffee, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
I am so sorry that this was your experience! At Late For The Train we pride ourselves on top quality espresso which was not what you received. I hope that you will stop by again, I will be speaking with staff to correct this!
Flagstaff, AZ
“great coffee, chai, baked goods”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

One of our favorite snack stops when returning from a hike. In addition to hot and cold liquid refreshment they have breakfast burritos, cookies, brownies, and such, and lunch sandwiches.

Visited September 2012
North Charleston, South Carolina
“Great Lattes and quaint location on the way out of Flagstaff to the Canyon”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Their coffee drinks are exceptional and much better that the local Starbucks. They are located in an old Gas Station which add some real character. Very clean and food was very good as well.
Pastries and sandwiches.

Visited November 2012
North Charleston, South Carolina
“Second location on the way out of Flagstaff - Great!”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I didn't realize there was a location other that the one in downtown location. This was on the way out of Flagstaff and located on an old Gas Stations, which was cleverly remodeled. As with their other location, their coffee drinks are excellent (much better that Starbucks in Flagstaff) Best Lattes I've had! Pastries are exceptional. Restrooms? Outside on the side of the building of course. Cleverly decorated. My new favorite coffee place.

Visited August 2012

Been to Late for the Train Coffee? Share your experiences!