“A girlfriend & I stopped for the night in...”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Museum Club

The Museum Club
Ranked #1 of 12 Nightlife in Flagstaff
More attraction details
Owner description: Put on your dancing shoes and get ready to "two step" at this popular authentic western saloon that is built around five standing tree trunks. Each night features a live country western band to entertain you.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A girlfriend & I stopped for the night in...”
Reviewed July 22, 2010

A girlfriend & I stopped for the night in Flagstaff on our way to Cali & I read reviews on this bar. We are from Nashville & thought this would be a fun place to check out. The drinks were awesome & super cheap! We had a blast dancing & mingling with the locals as well as other tourists. We would highly recommend you checking this out! Katie was our bartender & she was pretty awesome too!

1 Thank khead77

Florida Keys
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Get Ready to do some DANCIN!!”
Reviewed February 3, 2009

This place is FABULOUS! My girlfriends and I stopped by for some ROUTE 66 drinks and what a blast we had! You have got to try Ms.Jane's famous margarita! Oh and wait until you meet the NICEST lady in the world! "Ms. Jane" is what the locals call her and she is the sweetest, spunkiest thing ever! She cranked up our favorite tunes and we danced until the sun went down. Then DJ Rey (I think that was his name...) got me and all my girlfriends out singing Karoke! We felt like Queens of Route 66, the hospitality was amazing and just so welcoming! You HAVE GOT TO GO! Apparently they have live bands every weekend according to Ms.Jane so we are putting that in our books as a must do! We loved the Museum Club!

1 Thank Beachmomma2
Phoenix
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simply Awesome!”
Reviewed October 18, 2008

This was one the the best clubs I have ever been to. The live band was great, the stuff was very friendly, and the drinks were awesome. I would suggest going the Museum Club to anyone who goes to Flagstaff.

1 Thank btasucharger
england
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Wont be back!!! Ever!!!”
Reviewed September 28, 2008

My Friend and I had 3 nights next door to the MC at the Howard Johnson Inn and motel, between the 23rd and 26th september 2008.

We were looking forward to having a night out in this place and thought it would be one of the highlights of the vacation, how wrong we were.
When we enetered on our first night there was already about half a dozen Harley Davidson bikers propping up the bar and the Bar tender/owner chatting amongst themselves. We asked for a couple of drinks which seemed to put the bar tender out a little, especially after he heard our English accents. We drank our first drinks and was taken in by the history of the place, the building and decor was fabulous. I ordered our second drinks which again I got the strange feeling we were not wanted here, by this time there was only my friend and I in and 1 other couple, the drinks came to 8 bucks and I handed over 10 dollar bill, instead of actully handing the change over and maybe a little thankyou or something he (bar tender) instead decided to actually throw the 2 bucks at me from the other side of the bar, without so much as a whisper of gratefulness. At that we decided to leave the club and have a look into downtown Flagstaff where the people were much friendlier. On our return we noticed the MC was shutting up shop, at about 11pm, the same happened the following night. The new owner of this place has got to be the most unfriendliest person I ever encounted on my road trip around Arizona, one things for sure, we will visit AZ again and Flagstaff as the town is great but the museum club is one place I will never step foot in again and judging by the time he was closing up night after night instead of the usual 2am as billed, many others have also been driven away from this very unfriendly place.

7 Thank dlaw007now
Merida, Yucatan
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 222 helpful votes
“A Real Jewel”
Reviewed August 17, 2007

I'm surprised there are only two previous reviews of this place, perhaps it remains a well kept secret as far as tourists are concerned.

The Museum Club ouzes atmosphere. As you step inside you get a real feel for the history of the place. They have lots of old framed cuttings, one of which shows the the MC was placed in the Top 10 of Route 66 roadhouses. Check out their website for photos of the interior.

The bar staff were great & each week there are plenty of offers (Dime beers, Ladies night, etc.). You can even join in the line dancing.

We entered about 6pm & there were families with younger kids, though I don't know if this is permitted later in the evening.

This is one of those places that offers a large slice of living history along with your drink. Don't miss it!

2 Thank londoner_in_yucatan