“what a hole”

Ranked #57 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
HILLSBORO
“what a hole”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Chose this because it was only 2 blocks from Amtrak Station, I won't make that mistake again, and this was not my first Knights Inn disappointment. The rugs were filthy, bathroom toilet (wood seat) was broken, and in general the whole place appeared unclean. Person at the desk was pleasant enough, but there needs to be some SERIOUS cleaning and updating at that place. My previous Knights Inn problem was with a Knights Inn in Williamsburg, VA, the owner/manager was terribly sarcastic and not a pleasant person to deal with and the rooms were, again, not the best. Won't stay at another Knights Inn again. Just spoke to a friend who had another dirty room Knights Inn in Virginia. Must be the norm for the chain.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank gail54634

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Peoria, Arizona
Reviewed May 13, 2013

There were some sort of flying black little bug that was in the carpet, flew to the wall, night stand and even the bed. I informed the office by carting in dead ones for proof and the lady said she'd have a guy come by and "clean it up". Promptly a nice man showed up with a rag and a spray cleaner and treated the area. At that time, there were maybe 6-8 bugs. Later that day, 12...the next morning more. I went back to the office and was told there were no other rooms as they were full with reservations (it was NAU graduation weekend) altho the VACANCY sign was lit up. I guess you get what you pay for! I'm wondering if Coconino County Health Dept would want to know about this. Room #103 in case you need to know!

Room Tip: Inspect before you stay!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Dunedin, New Zealand
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Just your basics - bed, shower, sink, tv - but clean.

Our bedspread had holes, seemingly cigarette burns, but in a non-smoking room. Noisy heat/ac unit. Flat pillows and springy bed.

It's pet-friendly, but the only spot my dog could do "her business" was a patch of bushes next to the street - only the busiest street in town (a bit alarming at 5 am).

FYI - Free continental breakfast = cereal in dispensers, mini-donuts, and ancient-looking prepackaged honey-buns.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Enoggera
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I was doing a Route 66 cycling trip and stayed here for 2 nights in May 2012. I had a Wyndham rewards card and this fell under that aegis. Being a cyclist that doesn't like camping, my requirements are pretty basic, but I had to have decent wi-fi. The room was pretty cheap, about $50, was clean and well-equipped and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom worked well. I didn't mind the dumpster parked outside the room, but it didn't help the ambience.
However, the wi-fi was a shocker and they constantly had to reboot the server for me. I found out that the loudmouth in the room next to me talking incessantly on a mobile phone was the bloke who had to do the rebooting for me, some kind of caretaker. After my third trip back from the office, he met me half-way and looked like he was going to make something of it, but limited himself to a hostile glare after I told him the Internet sucked. He probably resented being dragged away from his phone.
The office staff were polite, however, and invited me to do a Skype call to Australia in their office, where the Internet worked perfectly, after the Skype dropped out three times. I think it was the manager who told me that when I got to Williams, to stay at the Day's Inn. His sister was the manager and It was much better than this. It was, but the Knight's Inn in Flagstaff doesn't set the bar very high and I think the manager was aware of that. I stayed in a few Knight's Inns along Route 66, but this was easily the worst.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I very rarely stay at budget hotels, and before I stayed at the Knights Inn I'd never stayed at a motel or hostel. However, this was better than I was expecting, and for what we paid - something like $19 I believe - we were more than happy.

The room was spacious, interconnecting with the room of the other two in our party, had comfortable enough beds, and was clean. The bathroom wasn't fantastic but adequate.

We went out for breakfast, at a diner across the road - I can't remember its name but I would recommend it.

The Knights Inn is in a convenient location and as I said, the price is excellent, even at the weekend. We even returned a couple of months later with different people. I can say from the viewpoint of someone who is not usually a fan of budget accommodation, or even tries it, that this is a perfectly adequate place to spend a couple of nights in Flagstaff.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 1, 2012

If you are looking for a Marriott or Hilton experience, this place is not for you. But if you want a convenient location, excellent price, clean room and roof over your head, the Knights Inn fits the bill. It's a 1960's era motel which means basic amenities. It's like every other small mountain community motel across the American West. The showers (no bath) have recently been retiled in modern tiles and the bath's updated. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Price was outstanding. My friend and I had climbed the San Francisco Peaks (Inner Basin Trail) and the room fit the bill. Walking distance from downtown Flagstaff, and next to campus, we found a dozen restaurants at our within a 10 minute walk. This is competitive with Super8 and other budget hotels.

Room Tip: Look for the rooms starting at 127 or 227.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Arrived and checked in. Ice machine broken. Lady on front desk of indian origin and didnt understand when I asked her for a map of Flagstaff....!! Room dark and dingy and only 2 small towels provided. Fridge made terrible noise so was unplugged, bed very soft and uncomfortable. Breakfast was coffee and plastic looking cereal in styrofoam cup and stale bread. Flagstaff is a small hub for continuing to the grand canyon, do yourself a favour, pay a few more dollars and stay somewhere else, there are loads of places to stay - I like to now stay at independent places where I can, dont stay here. Flagstaff is now a no horn town so staying near the railway is less of a big deal. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Dont stay here, put your money somewhere else - there are loads of places here
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple