“Don't.”

Knights Inn Flagstaff
Ranked #60 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We met up with friends that were passing through Flagstaff for a quick weekend. Being high tourist season finding a place was a bit slim. Decided on the Knights Inn because of te location and the photos posted by the property owners, and booked on line. Location was great, within walking of downtown. However, we should have slept in the car.
Went to check in at 12 noon, which the site says is check-in time. Told to come back at 3 o'clock. When we asked for a non-smoking room, the manager/desk 'receptionist' replied, "Not for that price". Checked in at 3 o'clock, and it was NASTY. One lightbulb in the whole place other then the bathroom, two outlets with everything plugged into them (bulbless lamps, clock, tv).
Since it was only one night we decided to suck it up. If you like to sleep comfortably on a good mattress with decent blankets and sheets, sleep in your car instead - will have a better sleep! Also, on line amenities include a fridge and microwave, which don't exist "for that price". Luckily there were no bugs...they found better places to be.

Room Tip: Keep going past this place.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Nemoandchina

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Although this is one of the cheapest hotels in the Flagstaff neighbourhood it's rather bad for the price. At first site it looks OK, but after some time you will notice that everything is broken (tv, light switches, shower, locks) and it's not clean at all. The breakfast is nothing...
When the hotel management would spent a week to fix everything and to clean the rooms thoroughly it would be a rather good hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Where do I begin! There was... No soap in shower (1 bar only at sink), No shower mat (had to use a towel), No extra roll of toilet paper, TV Remote didn't work, No phone, No hangers, No hair dryer, Bedspread had many different human hairs on the underside. There definition of "Complimentary Breakfast" is very deceiving. It consisted of mini-doughnuts, muffins (size of cupcakes), and orange juice, coffee & tea. After our party (all paying guests of the hotel) put what they possibly could on their 4 in. round plate (I had 1 muffin and 2 mini-doughnuts), the staff proceeded in removing the doughnuts from the lobby (where apparently they scrutinize your "breakfast" selection) and then attempted to ask additional payment for my friend's son because he was over 18 (a college student). Their hotel advertisement is VERY deceiving. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS FACILITY!!!

Reviewed July 16, 2011

I don't know why this place has got so many bad reviews. The location is perfect, the rooms are clean, and it's not too noisy.
The rooms are very small, and the décor is a bit dated but what do people expect for that price? If you're on a family vacation and plan on spending a few nights, and want some frills this is not the place for you. If you're in flagstaff with friends or a couple going out on the town this is perfect. Its cheap, close to the bars, and it's just a clean quiet place to get some sleep for a reasonable price.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I booked with Exedia on a "unpublished name" rate and SO wish I hadn't....I did check Trip Advisor after the name of the hotel was revealed but it was too late. Even though i had put three people on my search criteria on Expedia, they had me booked into a single queen room that would not fit our party. I tried to work with them and take a rollaway bed, but they said it wouldn't fit into the room. I said I would just take a refund but they would only refund the one night. I sat on there dirty couch for about an hour on the phone with Expedia, who did finally refund my reservation, but nothing can get back the nasty experience or the high price I had pay for another room on a busy weekend. Pass this place up..!

Reviewed July 2, 2011

We bought our trip via Expedia for an average of $221 for three days. Because it was a Holiday weekend we expected it to be a little more. When we arrived to check-in we were told our room was smoking and one bed. I prefer non-smoking; therefore, I was told I had to pay $10 extra per night plus tax because our reservation did not confirm a non-smoking room according to management. (How could I argue the point?) Our room was clean, spacious and moderate. It is a low economy room and as such it was fine. Free wi-fi, air-conditioning and HBO- for the price I paid and the proximity to the downtown area it was fine. Downtown (Historic area) is awesome! Lots of resturants, coffee shops and brewries all within walking distance. It was a one star motel but because it was clean and the bed comfortable I would rate it a 5. If not for the price increase for the non-smoking room I would be 100% satisfied.

Room Tip: Don't reserve room on Expedia.
2  Thank Calitripgirl
Reviewed June 18, 2011

The price was ok ($49.99 but they added $10 in tax) but you get what you pay for. The room was very tiny. The floors made so much noise, we were on the 2nd floor and thought we might end up falling through! The bathroom was set up odd, the toliet was facing the bathtub, which left very little room for your legs. The room had a funny smell to it. The walls were super thin and we could hear the people next door, which got very annoying at 2am! The staff was not very friendly either. The breakfast they had was toast with jelly, donuts, coffee and juice.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family