“slept on water”

Ranked #24 of 37 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Orlando, Florida
“slept on water”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Our beds were damp, flooring dirty proof of my sock bottoms being dirty. Noise level...cops were called. Hot breakfast was sausage, biscuits, gravy...no eggs...rest was cold items...will not use again.

Room Tip: Check first so you are not sleeping on a wet bed.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Kennesaw, Georgia, United States
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We were in town for a dog agility trial at MTSU. After negotiated the per-night pet fee down to $10 per night, we opted to stay at this hotel. It was easy to find -- right off Route 24. Check-in was a breeze. They gave us a room in a location that was best for us. The room was clean and comfortable. The pool was nice, but we didn't use it. There's a small green-space park right out front. There is even a free real breakfast every morning (with bacon!).

Room Tip: Get a room on the back-side of the hotel. There's no parking on that side so it's quiet and...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Ken W
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We were traveling through TN as a family with a 5yr old. We got a room using a coupon from the welcome station. The pool was very nice, the room was clean and comfortable. We only stayed one night and had a room on ground level just outside the pool. The pool closed at 10pm however, other families stayed outside to talk and was kinda loud until after 11:30pm. The breakfast was very nice, hot and good varity. We would recommend this hotel to anyone with children wishing to stop for the night.

2 Thank scoutmom509
LindsayDiehl, President Assistant at Baymont Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear scoutmom509,
Thank you for choosing our award winning Baymont Inn & Suites during your one night stay in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your business and are looking forward to serving you again in the near future. Lindsay Diehl, Mountain Top Management, LLC
cf
Reviewed July 15, 2012

It was very inconvenient to find, and after other establishments closed, seemed to be a lot of noise outside hotel. A lot of people milling around that were not believed to be guest of the hotel. Perhaps in neighboring parking lots, but still a lot of cars racing up and down streets, and since it is just off the main drag, alot of cars driving around. We asked for a room that would be fairly quiet, but I think the way the hotel is situated, there just in't any quiet in any room.Could actually hear other guests talking thru the vent in our bathroom. Would not stay again. Just didn't feel completely safe there. The extra bolt type lock on the door was very loose and did no good as far as securing the door.
As far as the room, it had comfortable bed. Didn't dare walk on carpet barefoot as carpet appeared not to have been cleaned, vaccuumed, but not steam cleaned, My feet were kinda sticking to the carpet, and I just didn't feel it was very clean. A lot of spots on carpet, maybe by a pet...Breakfast area was inviting until I saw some guests reaching into food containers and getting out food with their hands. Need signs up advising people to use the utensils provided them for retrieving their food products. I don't want to eat food touched by others. You can dress it up but it is still just a motel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Murfreesboro hotels

Noblesville, Indiana, United States
Reviewed July 13, 2012

One of the reasons I chose this hotel was that it had so many great reviews of the staff and their interaction. I didn't have such a stellar experience.

Upon check-in, Justin or Jason (can't remember his name for sure) noticed from my area code that I was from Indiana. He said he used to go to college there. I asked which college and it was one I had also attended. He said he had to move back south because that school was too liberal. That school is so NOT liberal that it made me laugh out loud. (Not LOL but actually laugh out loud). But the more I thought about it, the less I liked that he had shared that this non-liberal school was too liberal for him. I'm a gay man and a liberal and started being concerned whether someone who found this school so liberal that he had to move out of state to avoid it was capable of providing good service to someone he clearly would find too liberal for him.

I had further concerns when I first got to my room and noticed only two bath towels and called down to the desk to get more towels for me and my partner and the housekeeper who brought the towels insisted I give her the towels I had before giving me new towels. She started to get into an argument with me until she looked in the room and saw my partner lying on the bed fully clothed watching television. She changed her tune, gave me the towels and hustled off.

The next day, I got no housekeeping service. No bed made, no cleaning, no clean towels. When I returned to my room in the evening and discovered this, I called down to the front desk and asked for clean towels. The person answering said there was no one available to bring towels so I had to go to the front desk to get the towels. The person at the front desk was shoe-less and unprofessional, clearly hunkered down for the evening and very comfortable. When I called the desk the next day, to report i hadn't had any housekeeping services the day before, the person answering the phone asked me if I had my "do not disturb" sign out during the day. I told him I had, but had removed it at 10:30 a.m. distinctly remembering I took it out as I left and it was not there when I returned. The housekeeper on the next day didn't get to my room until 1:30 pm so I assume that 10:30 am was not too late to have a "do not disturb" sign out in order to get housekeeping services. I believe the staff realized i was gay and didn't want to clean my room that first day.

One last issue: when packing to leave after 3 nights, I found an empty beer can next to the bed. Not only had housekeeping missed it before my arrival, but missed it every day I was there as well, since I didn't drink any beer while on my stay there.

Oh! and the pillows on the bed were the size of chicken nuggets. NOT a comfortable bed with those tiny pillows.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, President Assistant at Baymont Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear Mr. Tim W,

Here at the Baymont Inn and Suites and the managing company of Mountain Top Management take great offense to your review of our hotel and staff. I have personally spoken with Justin and hotel management to discuss the issues of your stay. We have never and would never treat a guest or employee any differently due to their sexual orientation. Tripadvisor is a public forum where future and past guests can rate our business based on the quality of our hotel and staff. This review is inaccurate and offensive.

Lindsay Diehl
Mountain Top Management, LLC
Kentucky
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We happened to pick up one of the hotel coupon books at the Welcome Station when we drove into Tennessee. We were looking to pull over for the night around Murfreesboro, Tennessee and chose the Baymont Inn and Suites which had a coupon for $40.00. We upgraded to a one bedroom suite for $60.00 and it was great!

Our suite was lovely with two queen size beds, furniture that was stylish and comfortable. The kitchen included a full size stove, refrigerator and microwave. All appliances looked like new.

The suite was immaculate and we were able to enjoy a swim in the pool before turning in for the evening.

Room Tip: Definitely worth the upgrade to a one-bedroom!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
, President Assistant at Baymont Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Dear KentuckyPat,
Thank you for a wonderful review of our award winning Baymont Inn & Suites in Murfreesboro, Tennessee! We are so glad that you enjoyed your upgraded suite in our hotel. It was a pleasure serving you and we look forward to serving you again in the near future. Lindsay Diehl, Mountain Top Management, LLC
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We had a very comfortable stay both times we have stayed at this property. They give great discounts to families with students going to MTSU. The hotel is older, but they have maintained it well. They are also very quick to address any issues you may have. I want to give a shout out to Jared, who was working the front desk the evening we checked in. He was multi-tasking and staying calm and cool the whole time, making sure he addressed all issues. Great job Jared!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Leslie B,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our award winning Baymont Inn & Suites in Murfreesboro, Tennessee! We appreciate your business and your comments. We are delighted that Jared went above and beyond for you during your stay with us. We are looking forward to serving you again in the near future. Lindsay Diehl, Mountain Top Management, LLC