“TERRIBLE SERVICE.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Murfreesboro
Ranked #5 of 36 Hotels in Murfreesboro
“TERRIBLE SERVICE.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

I reserves my room last night and I also called and confirmed my room was reserved the lady said yes ma'am. I told her that I was going to be out late because of a movie and she said that was perfectly fine. I show up at 11:00 to check in and Larry - the front desk guy says he has bad news and a pipe must have broke but we didn't have a room. He was absolutely no help to me. He lied to my face about the pipe. He ignored me and talked to some lady. He kept saying I'm sorry I understand. I asked for a number to call and he gives me the hotel number. What really upsets me is they never called me to warn me I didn't have a room anymore. VERY UNHAPPY.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Pamhenna
sandramiller, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Murfreesboro, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
I am very sorry the hotel did not manage our inventory properly and was not more proactive by informing you of the issue prior to your arrival.

Sandra Roberson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed at the Doubletree Murfreesboro TN in October 2013 for a one night business trip. I stayed there the prior year also. The rooms are very nice with comfortable beds and linens. There was a little glitch at check in with my reservations, but Mary took care of that quickly. I can see where the confusion started as I had booked for a large group, all to be billed to my credit card. While Mary was working on my reservation, another customer service person was handing out warm cookies to those in line behind me. I thought that was a nice gesture! Overall nice stay, friendly staff and nice bar!

Medina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

I would highly recommend staying at the Double Tree in Murfreesboro. Not only was the hotel extremely clean, the staff was very courteous and helpful during our stay. An added bonus was having a Starbucks right next door!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed here for 3 nights while on business. I thought check in was easy and desk staff was friendly. Executive lounge was nice but normally drinks are included? Work out facility was small but double tree does provide access to golds gym. I would recommend if in the area.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
st. Louis, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

The hotel was average, the room was clean with a comfortable bed. The restaurant was fair and needs a refresh in appearance and as well as with the menu. Also, the hotel had a neat and welcoming lobby with friendly staff at the reception desk.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I never was offered a warm cookie. The tote that holds the towels in the bathroom had never been cleaned (full of hair). Rude Man working the front desk (wish I got his name). Awful breakfast that should have been free. Unfortunate that my company chooses this hotel for us to stay at.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

sandramiller, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Murfreesboro, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
I would love to discuss further with you the issues you faced while our guest. I am very sorry that we did not provide cookies during your stay and that our staff was not helpful. Please contact me at the hotel. Your input will allow me to make the necessary changes so these things do not happen in the future.

Sandra Miller Roberson
orlando, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

This hotel shows well in pictures and has the Hilton name behind it but lacks attention to detail and is in need of a makeover. The lobby is well worn and the glass above the lobby area looks like it has not been cleaned or wiped down in ten years. The carpets are worn and the floors need repair in many areas. The cleaning staff was not the greatest. Room was clean but several items were left unattended such as shampoo and water. One of our rooms was very musty and has to be re-assigned. The new room had been smoked in but cleared by the cleaning staff even though it had a heavy smoke smell. The third room was OK but the hotel offered no concession for the trouble. The so called "concierge" area was nothing more than a room with a glass door on it. Drinks were expensive and you needed to special credentials to gain entry. With a little attention to detail this could be a nice place to stay. Unfortunately that was not our experience.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to share comments from your stay. The ownership has many updates scheduled for 2014. I am so sorry these renovations did not take place prior to your stay.

Sandra Miller Roberson