DoubleTree by Hilton Murfreesboro
$89
$77
Agoda.com
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsdouble treeburger barcookiesexecutive floorstaff was very friendlybusiness tripvery nice hotelfront desk staffconvenient locationlots of restaurantsshopping and restaurantswould stay againgreat place to staynice stayfree breakfastloriaccommodations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Nice hotel located near everything you need. An extremely nice staff and very clean accomodations. They have a great breakfast that has everything you need including eggs, bacon, sausage, buscuits, donuts, fresh fruit, waffles, juice and coffee. We enjoyed the nice indoor heated pool, lobby sitting area and of course the in house bar and lounge known as Fanatics which had plenty of TV's covering sports, a great menu, friendly staff and live bands both nights..very family friendly....there are many great places to dine a shopping mall right next door...a very good choice when ever you visit Murfreesboro. This is located very close to interstate 24 as well.

Room Tip: I really liked the king room layout with a nice chair and ottoman.We were on the 4th floor and there were no distracting noises or room issues.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
sandramiller, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Murfreesboro, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share comments from your recent stay. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and liked the layout of the rooms, the breakfast and our wonderful indoor/outdoor pool.
We hope you will stay with us again when travelling in Middle Tennessee.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We were there for the basketball tournament. They have redone all of the rooms, and they were all so nice. The hotel was very quiet, and we stayed on the executive floor which offered a free continental breakfast. Very nice as well.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
sandramiller, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Murfreesboro, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

I was very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and the recent upgrades to the hotel's guest rooms. We hope to see you back for next year's TSSAA Tournament!

Sandra Miller

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have a business that requires me to travel several days out of every week. About three times a year I am in Murfreesboro, TN. Since I am a Hilton Diamond Member, I try to always stay at Hilton properties to get points to redeem for personal travel. For quite a number of years I have stayed at this property. I read some of the reviews about poor housekeeping - It has never been that way on any of my many visits. I hope it will not be that way when I next visit later this spring. It has always been one of my favorite hotels. The rooms are very nice - always very clean, very comfortable, and also very attractive. The executive lounge is fabulous and I always go by it for a wonderful free breakfast in the morning and for a glass of wine and some hot h'orderves in the evening. There is a restaurant in the hotel that is pretty good and many others nearby. The staff there has always been excellent and on one trip (corney, but it was really fun), I was "guest of the day" and got a free movie rental and some other fun perks, had my name on the board in the lobby and so forth. Since I travel all alone so much, it really perked me up and made me feel special. And, of course... DoubleTree Cookies. Whats not to love?

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jan A
sandramiller, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Murfreesboro, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful comments in regards to previous stays. It is our primary goal to provide excellent service and comfortable accommodations to our guests and I am pleased you have enjoyed staying with us.
We look forward to having you stay with us in the Spring.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Desk cleark was nice but after check in it went down hill! Toilet was very slow flush and then overflowed and ran out into the carpet in our room. Black hair on bathroom floor and towels by sink...when we called down to the desk the desk clerk was only one there and said he would be up when he could to clean up water and unclog toilet! While sitting on the bed to place this call I look over under desk and there is a big hole in the wall by outlet where anything can crawl in or out...hotel is also very outdated and worn! After waiting about 15 mins I went to the desk and clerk was gone on a search for a plunger so upon his return I told him it is almost 2 am I want a different room I have been driving 8 hrs! So he put us across the hall where the fan on air and heat barely blow anything out and the room was VERY stuffy! So off to Walmart to get a fan because at this point I wasn't moving again...when we finally got to bed at 4 am we see there is black stuff all over the blanket that we cover up with, looks like mold or black marker. Next morning we had a nasty breakfast in the bar/resturant that is part of the hotel...after speaking to the general manager she said she would refund our $ which they had charged before we had even checked out...this was supposed to according to her and the desk sign take 72 hrs but took 96! Called customer service to see where our $ was and got a run around AGAIN! Never again went down the street to a brand new Candlewood Suites that was like a mansion and a better price!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

I thank you for sharing your comments and allowing me the opportunity to address the issues with you. I apologize that the credit was not issued in the time frame that we noted to you. If it has yet to post to your account, please let me know and I will do all that I can to see that the credit appears on your account immediately.
Again, I am very sorry we did not provide better accommodations to you while a guest at our hotel.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

First time there was really nice. The second time staying there was terrible. Long black hair in the tub and also on one of the towels. There was dirt falling off the door hinge in the bathroom, disgusting. There was several rooms of parting women slamming doors, drinking, laughing, yelling, etc. The guy at the front desk wasn't going to move us, finally talked to the manger and got more. As for the executive lounge it is very tiny. Must have been a shortage of towels, blankets and toilet paper. Can you picture shortage of toilet paper? Now that is something to think about. Took 20 min to check in and ask for a room at the end of the hall and got the front of the hall. My husband wasn't feeling well . They do not listen nor care what you ask for. The room had a stale odor to it also.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank barremillie

I was extremely embarrassed to read the comments you have shared from your recent stay. Please accept my sincere apologies and know that I will be sharing your input with our staff. Our goal is always to provide clean and comfortable accommodations, and it appears we failed to do this for you during your stay.
Please feel free to contact me so that we can discuss your previous stay and I can apologize to you further.