“Should be ashamed to be claimed by Hilton!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Murfreesboro
Ranked #5 of 37 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Crown Point, Indiana
“Should be ashamed to be claimed by Hilton!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Desk cleark was nice but after check in it went down hill! Toilet was very slow flush and then overflowed and ran out into the carpet in our room. Black hair on bathroom floor and towels by sink...when we called down to the desk the desk clerk was only one there and said he would be up when he could to clean up water and unclog toilet! While sitting on the bed to place this call I look over under desk and there is a big hole in the wall by outlet where anything can crawl in or out...hotel is also very outdated and worn! After waiting about 15 mins I went to the desk and clerk was gone on a search for a plunger so upon his return I told him it is almost 2 am I want a different room I have been driving 8 hrs! So he put us across the hall where the fan on air and heat barely blow anything out and the room was VERY stuffy! So off to Walmart to get a fan because at this point I wasn't moving again...when we finally got to bed at 4 am we see there is black stuff all over the blanket that we cover up with, looks like mold or black marker. Next morning we had a nasty breakfast in the bar/resturant that is part of the hotel...after speaking to the general manager she said she would refund our $ which they had charged before we had even checked out...this was supposed to according to her and the desk sign take 72 hrs but took 96! Called customer service to see where our $ was and got a run around AGAIN! Never again went down the street to a brand new Candlewood Suites that was like a mansion and a better price!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
sandramiller, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Murfreesboro, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
I thank you for sharing your comments and allowing me the opportunity to address the issues with you. I apologize that the credit was not issued in the time frame that we noted to you. If it has yet to post to your account, please let me know and I will do all that I can to see that the credit appears on your account immediately.
Again, I am very sorry we did not provide better accommodations to you while a guest at our hotel.
Sandra Miller, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Dunlap, Tennessee
Reviewed February 24, 2013

First time there was really nice. The second time staying there was terrible. Long black hair in the tub and also on one of the towels. There was dirt falling off the door hinge in the bathroom, disgusting. There was several rooms of parting women slamming doors, drinking, laughing, yelling, etc. The guy at the front desk wasn't going to move us, finally talked to the manger and got more. As for the executive lounge it is very tiny. Must have been a shortage of towels, blankets and toilet paper. Can you picture shortage of toilet paper? Now that is something to think about. Took 20 min to check in and ask for a room at the end of the hall and got the front of the hall. My husband wasn't feeling well . They do not listen nor care what you ask for. The room had a stale odor to it also.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank barremillie
I was extremely embarrassed to read the comments you have shared from your recent stay. Please accept my sincere apologies and know that I will be sharing your input with our staff. Our goal is always to provide clean and comfortable accommodations, and it appears we failed to do this for you during your stay.
Please feel free to contact me so that we can discuss your previous stay and I can apologize to you further.
Sandra Miller, General Manager
Brighton, Michigan
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Excellent property, no issues except for a barking dog left in adjacent room. Facilities were excellent. Pool was recently up-dated. Nice executive lounge. Bar was good for hotel. Good location. Staff friendly, polite and responsive.

Room Tip: ask about dogs. Surprised they were allowed in such a nice business type hotel.
Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
sandramiller, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Murfreesboro, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
We value our guest opinions and input and I thank you for sharing comments from your recent stay. I apologize for the disruption caused by the barking dog. We try to put pets on one floor to keep them from disturbing other guests.
I appreciate your comments about our staff and the property! We hope to have you as our guest again soon.
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is in a great location for any shopper...The staff, that I encountered, were friendly...I would have rather had a more friendly check in experience...A job is a job, I guess...I would stay here again since it was a business trip...oh and thanks for the cookie

• Stayed February 2013
sandramiller, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Murfreesboro, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
I was pleased to read your comments from your recent stay. Our goal is to provide exceptional service to all of our guests. I would love the opportunity to discuss your experience at check in with you so that I may provide further customer service training to our team.

Sandra Miller, GM
Hartselle, Alabama
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Nice hotel, excellent front desk staff, clean, quiet, comfortable rooms, but with poor maid service. They cleaned the room, but fail to replace toilet tissue, facial tissue, wash cloths, and one night, failed to even put a top sheet on the bed! Breakfast is sparse, but warm and well tended. It's worth a stay if you get a good deal. Hopefully they'll get their maid problem fixed. Everyone else we dealt with was excellent

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
sandramiller, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Murfreesboro, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for providing input from your recent stay. I will share your comments with our Executive Housekeeper and discuss ways to provide better service to our guests that stay more than one night.
Sandra Miller, GM
Chelsea, Alabama
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stayed over night this past Friday and had a short but restful visit. No loud rooms our crowds. Rooms were pretty nice and the staff was friendly. Nicer than the much more expensive place I stayed before and more space!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
It was wonderful to read your comments regarding your recent stay. We value ourselves on our great customer service! We hope to have you stay with us again soon.

Sandra Miller
Mc Kenzie, Tennessee
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed while in town for meeting/training. Nice stay. Cleanliness is a big deal with me and I had no complaints. The appearance is as if Hilton acquired the line of hotels, put their name on it and added one of their signiture statues out front with little else in the way of change. However, appearance on the outside mattered little when I was relaxing in my room catching some zzz's.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share comments from your recent stay. I was pleased to read that the rooms were clean and you enjoyed your stay. We hope you will stay with us again if visiting Murfreesboro in the future.

Sandra Miller