“Time for a Remodel Flimsy Bedding Grungy Flooring”

DoubleTree by Hilton Murfreesboro
Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Stayed here for a business trip. Bathroom floor needs scrubbing and carpet stained. Also fabric on furniture worn and dirty-looking. Everything from the waist up was okay. Bedding was flimsy--needed another heavier blanket between sheets.

Room Tip: Definitely request nonsmoking.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank AundreaStartupSavvy
srmmurfreesboro, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Murfreesboro, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Thank you for sharing comments from your stay. While this does not make up for what you experienced during your stay, we are beginning a remodel in January of 2013. The renovations will include replacing guest carpet and replacing chairs and ottomans in the guest room. I hope you will give us a second chance after the renovations are completed.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I think this particular location is slightly overpriced for their average room.
Pros - Rooms were clean, lots of conference areas, a decent restaurant/bar onsite, great parking for all rooms, friendly staff, nice decor

Cons - This may sound weird, but after traveling for work for years, you grow accostumed to arranging things a certain way in hotel rooms. There were no plug-ins near the bed, and few through the room itself, making charging my laptop and cellphone while working on them in the room difficult. This may have only been the room I was in. If so, I would suggest that the hotel get some of those nifty lamps with outlets (like their sister the Hampton Inn has). No microwave in a $150 room, but there was a fridge. LOTS of furniture crammed into a tiny space. Also...I used this hotel twice and never got a warm cookie.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank GaWowie

I sincerely appreciate your input and please know that it will be shared with our ownership. I apologize that the outlets in the room were difficult to access; we are working to provide more accommodating electrical outlets. I'd love to send you some of our fabulous cookies if you would like. Please contact me at sandra.r.miller@hilton.com.

Again, I thank you for sharing your comments as they do us give insight into our Guest's needs and an opportunity to make improvements.

Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

It was full online so I called the property directly and they let me in with an upgrade. I was pleased as I had colleagues staying there too. The room on executive floor was very well maintained and the young woman in the club room was v pleasant. The pool has an indoor/outdoor feature which was novel but the workout facility was in a closet with room for three people. That said everything was new and in excellent shape so it worked out fine, pun intended. My charger died so they were helpful in directing me to a Panera a block away. Furnishings are tired overall though.

• Stayed: September 2012
sandramiller, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Murfreesboro, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Thank you for sharing information regarding your stay. I apologize that our staff did not let you know of other alternatives we offer for a great work out. We have an agreement with Gold's Gym across the street in which our guests can work out complimentary as your assessment that the space is very small is correct.

I will make sure all of our team members are aware of this and that they know to share this information with our guests.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Doubletrees are usually associated with central cities of some size, not sprawling semi-suburbs like Murfreesboro, 30 miles southeast of Nashville. A bit out of place near the Econolodge and the Home Depot on a busy strip next to Wal-Mart, the Doubletree inside exudes luxury lodging. The service is friendly and professional; the rooms are thoughtfully planned and furnished with everything in working order; the fitness room is well equipped and the breakfast, although not included in the room rate, is reasonably priced and excellent.

This is still not an expensive hotel relative to the quality of the property, although it may be near the top priced Murfreesboro lodging. If for you it's not the bill but the value then book with confidence at this surprisingly wonderful hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
sandramiller, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Murfreesboro, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We pride ourselves on providing top notch accommodations with the comforts of home as well as friendly service. I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

The facility looks a little dated on the outside, but inside it is very nice. The rooms have been modernized nicely and the beds were comfortable.

A refrigerator in the room is a nice addition and the in room coffee is better than most as well.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

We always appreciate our guest's input and comments. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your comments about the hotel.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

i have to say that all the staff was very friendly..i just think the maint staff is lazy...good restaurant, nice clean rooms, the pool was disgustingly dirty,the elevator trapped me and my daughter once ance my nephews wife another time then they finally closed it down...and the other bad thing (i noticed this at another doubletree and will never stay on a weekend again) is that on sat there was a huge wedding and we couldn't find a parking space as a hotel guest, couldn't even walk through the lobby, bunch of drunken idiots around.....either be a hotel or a banquet hall !!!! oh yeah the gym was a joke

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

I thank you for posting a comment regarding your stay and hope that you will give me the opportunity to discuss with you the issues you had while our guest. I value our guest's input and utilize that input to make improvements when necessary.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

This was my second visit at the Doubletree in Murfreesboro. Both times I found the rooms to be clean, comfortable and attractive and the front desk staff were pleasant and welcoming. The room offered a fridge and coffemaker and had a nice desk and lounge chair. Even though I was in a room in the front of the hotel that faced a busy street the room was quiet and I didn't have a problem with street noise or noise from other rooms. There is a restaurant off the lobby. I didn't eat there, but had room service that presumably came from there on my first visit and it was good. As a Hilton Honors member I was offered complimentary use of the concierge lounge that served breakfast and "happy hour" snacks. Breakfast was a nice mix of continental breakfast items and hot items like scrambled eggs with cheese and scallions and hash brown potatoes. A very pleasant hostess took drink orders and took care of the space. There are also two computers (in addition to the business center) in the concierge lounge. All in all, a good experience and good value.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
srmmurfreesboro, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Murfreesboro, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

We love our guest's input and appreciate you sharing your experience with other travelers! Providing all the things you mentioned in your review are what we strive to do for all of our guests.

We hope to see you again soon.