“An outstanding upscale hotel in little ole Murfreesboro”

DoubleTree by Hilton Murfreesboro
Ranked #5 of 36 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Walden, Tenn
“An outstanding upscale hotel in little ole Murfreesboro”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Doubletrees are usually associated with central cities of some size, not sprawling semi-suburbs like Murfreesboro, 30 miles southeast of Nashville. A bit out of place near the Econolodge and the Home Depot on a busy strip next to Wal-Mart, the Doubletree inside exudes luxury lodging. The service is friendly and professional; the rooms are thoughtfully planned and furnished with everything in working order; the fitness room is well equipped and the breakfast, although not included in the room rate, is reasonably priced and excellent.

This is still not an expensive hotel relative to the quality of the property, although it may be near the top priced Murfreesboro lodging. If for you it's not the bill but the value then book with confidence at this surprisingly wonderful hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
sandramiller, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Murfreesboro, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We pride ourselves on providing top notch accommodations with the comforts of home as well as friendly service. I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

Sandra Miller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Cincinnati
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The facility looks a little dated on the outside, but inside it is very nice. The rooms have been modernized nicely and the beds were comfortable.

A refrigerator in the room is a nice addition and the in room coffee is better than most as well.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We always appreciate our guest's input and comments. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your comments about the hotel.

pittsburgh pa
Reviewed September 4, 2012

i have to say that all the staff was very friendly..i just think the maint staff is lazy...good restaurant, nice clean rooms, the pool was disgustingly dirty,the elevator trapped me and my daughter once ance my nephews wife another time then they finally closed it down...and the other bad thing (i noticed this at another doubletree and will never stay on a weekend again) is that on sat there was a huge wedding and we couldn't find a parking space as a hotel guest, couldn't even walk through the lobby, bunch of drunken idiots around.....either be a hotel or a banquet hall !!!! oh yeah the gym was a joke

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
I thank you for posting a comment regarding your stay and hope that you will give me the opportunity to discuss with you the issues you had while our guest. I value our guest's input and utilize that input to make improvements when necessary.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Springfield, VA
Reviewed August 26, 2012

This was my second visit at the Doubletree in Murfreesboro. Both times I found the rooms to be clean, comfortable and attractive and the front desk staff were pleasant and welcoming. The room offered a fridge and coffemaker and had a nice desk and lounge chair. Even though I was in a room in the front of the hotel that faced a busy street the room was quiet and I didn't have a problem with street noise or noise from other rooms. There is a restaurant off the lobby. I didn't eat there, but had room service that presumably came from there on my first visit and it was good. As a Hilton Honors member I was offered complimentary use of the concierge lounge that served breakfast and "happy hour" snacks. Breakfast was a nice mix of continental breakfast items and hot items like scrambled eggs with cheese and scallions and hash brown potatoes. A very pleasant hostess took drink orders and took care of the space. There are also two computers (in addition to the business center) in the concierge lounge. All in all, a good experience and good value.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
srmmurfreesboro, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Murfreesboro, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
We love our guest's input and appreciate you sharing your experience with other travelers! Providing all the things you mentioned in your review are what we strive to do for all of our guests.

We hope to see you again soon.

Bremerton, Washington
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We spent two nights at this establishment. The room was clean. Excellent front desk service. The restaurant served good food. The executive lounge has crabby employee working in the morning. Don't be surprised by the "What do you want" instead of "Good morning." Maybe she was having a bad morning but did not go back in there again. Wish I would have saved my money and booked elsewhere. The floor had an iron burn in the carpet. It is definately an older building but sufficient. The main reason we chose this establishment was because it was pet friendly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
srmmurfreesboro, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Murfreesboro, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share comments from your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Murfreesboro. As we strive to provide the highest possible customer service, I was embarrassed to read that this was not the case with the employee you encountered. I would love the opportunity to discuss this with you further and ask that you contact me at 615-895-5555, ext 181.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Lori was great at the bar and a cutie to boot. Jesse was also awesome as well. Good place to chill and have some beers. Hotel was good. Rooms were clean, and beds were comfortable. I would stay here again if I were to come back to Murfreesboro.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank wccitgo54
Cumming, GA
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I spent two weeks on the campus of MTSU for a music school and stayed with my husband here at the Doubletree when he came to town for our final performance. I have not stayed at a Doubletree in probably 15 years. After making almost daily trips to Walmart the previous two weeks, I passed by this hotel many times and decided the location and TA reviews were a good fit. (A nice mall and plenty of restaurants and shopping are within walking distance). I was not disappointed. The woman who checked me in (very early early in the day) was extremely pleasant and the warm cookie delighted me more than I would have thought :-) I am a hotel snob and have a very hard time with older hotels, of which this is one. There are some issues with the bones of the hotel that are difficult and expensive to fix. This would include things like some cracked places on the walls and kind of a build up of dirt in the corners. I was not altogether sure of how clean the carpet might be, but the bedding and shower curtain were very clean. They did a great job with the decor and the wireless worked well. There is a nice indoor pool with a swim-under wall to an outdoor area as well. If I were travelling with kids, they would have loved it. The place was packed with people in town for a kids sporting event so the lobby was loud and the bar was very popular. The rooms, however, are nicely located away from the noise. No complaint here. The bottom line is that I was impressed with this hotel and would stay there if I found myself in this area again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rvkris
srmmurfreesboro, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Murfreesboro, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
We love to have our guest’s share their experience at our hotel! Your opinions do matter and we do use to make improvements when needed. I have to agree that our property is older and I am glad to see that we made up for it with our service ethic.
We hope to see you again soon!

Sandra Miller, General Manager