“Okay”

DoubleTree by Hilton Murfreesboro
Ranked #5 of 37 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We spent two nights at this establishment. The room was clean. Excellent front desk service. The restaurant served good food. The executive lounge has crabby employee working in the morning. Don't be surprised by the "What do you want" instead of "Good morning." Maybe she was having a bad morning but did not go back in there again. Wish I would have saved my money and booked elsewhere. The floor had an iron burn in the carpet. It is definately an older building but sufficient. The main reason we chose this establishment was because it was pet friendly.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
srmmurfreesboro, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Murfreesboro, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share comments from your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Murfreesboro. As we strive to provide the highest possible customer service, I was embarrassed to read that this was not the case with the employee you encountered. I would love the opportunity to discuss this with you further and ask that you contact me at 615-895-5555, ext 181.

Sandra Miller

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Lori was great at the bar and a cutie to boot. Jesse was also awesome as well. Good place to chill and have some beers. Hotel was good. Rooms were clean, and beds were comfortable. I would stay here again if I were to come back to Murfreesboro.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank wccitgo54
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I spent two weeks on the campus of MTSU for a music school and stayed with my husband here at the Doubletree when he came to town for our final performance. I have not stayed at a Doubletree in probably 15 years. After making almost daily trips to Walmart the previous two weeks, I passed by this hotel many times and decided the location and TA reviews were a good fit. (A nice mall and plenty of restaurants and shopping are within walking distance). I was not disappointed. The woman who checked me in (very early early in the day) was extremely pleasant and the warm cookie delighted me more than I would have thought :-) I am a hotel snob and have a very hard time with older hotels, of which this is one. There are some issues with the bones of the hotel that are difficult and expensive to fix. This would include things like some cracked places on the walls and kind of a build up of dirt in the corners. I was not altogether sure of how clean the carpet might be, but the bedding and shower curtain were very clean. They did a great job with the decor and the wireless worked well. There is a nice indoor pool with a swim-under wall to an outdoor area as well. If I were travelling with kids, they would have loved it. The place was packed with people in town for a kids sporting event so the lobby was loud and the bar was very popular. The rooms, however, are nicely located away from the noise. No complaint here. The bottom line is that I was impressed with this hotel and would stay there if I found myself in this area again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rvkris
srmmurfreesboro, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Murfreesboro, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

We love to have our guest’s share their experience at our hotel! Your opinions do matter and we do use to make improvements when needed. I have to agree that our property is older and I am glad to see that we made up for it with our service ethic.
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 20, 2012

The room was clean, sufficient. Excellent staff and service. Not so thrilled with the sports bar/restaurant off the lobby; but that's just not my scene. Does not have continental breakfast. Had to specifically request non-allergenic bedding though that is a preference in my Hilton Honors profile. Quick response, though.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Your comments are much appreciated. While we are not able to offer a complimentary full breakfast, we do offer a complimentary continental breakfast on our Executive Level. Ask for an upgrade and if we have rooms available we will always honor your request. I am proud of my staff and their commitment to great service and I’m glad they responded to your needs so quickly.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

My wife & I have usually stayed at other hotels when visiting friends in Murfreesboro. This time we booked Double Tree and were apprehensive. That is, until check-in. We were received like long, lost as family by John. We couldn't have met a friendlier face after a long day of driving. John's partner swung into action and presented us WARM chocolate chip cookies as we began our elevator ride to the 5th (top) floor. Could the cookies be a gimmick? We opened our door to a spotless (thank you, Amber) and tastefully decorated room with a bed that was just heavenly: like sleeping on a cloud! Our evening was filled with dinner & activities with friends, but we REALLY looked forward to getting back & relaxing at our Double Tree accomodations. The hotel was full with guests, bUT we didn't hear anyone else, once in our comfy room. Were the walls sound insulated? We should have heard SOME noises. The next morning, our free continental breakfast was also on the 5th floor, where Robin attended to our every need. No plastic flatware, paper plates & cups here. Not only did the breakfast offerings contain all our favorites, we were eating off REAL plates, drinking coffee from REAL cups, and dining with REAL silverware! And Robin couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. Upon check-out, Porsha was so gracious and wanted to know if all was well with the accomodations and our stay. We sure felt special and like part of the family that had been staying there for years. The physical facilities AND staff are top-rate. Our ONLY suggestion is to give Robin more room and a partner to care for the free continental breakfast guests. Other than that, this property was an extremely happy surprise to find in our travels. Kudos to the management and staff!!

Room Tip: All rooms have the same dreamy bedding. We chose the King Study and had plenty of room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

It seems that these days we only get feed back when we fall short, which when that occurs we use that feed back to make improvements, but your comments made my day! I have already shared the e-mail you sent last week with our management staff, our owners as well as John, Amber, Robin, and Portia. Please let me know when you come back this way as I would love to meet you in person.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

I have always preferred Doubletree over any other hotel no matter where we are, if there is a Doubletree available, that is where i want to stay. We arrived in Murfreesboro about 1:30 on Friday June 1. I told the young lady at the desk that I knew we were early and she said "no problem, we have a room ready for you". I was very pleased to check in early and unload the car before hitting the town for the evening. It appeared that the sheets were not changed so I asked the gentLeman at the front desk if they could please change the sheets. Long story short, I had to ask 4 times before the sheets were changed. I had hoped to rest a little before going out that evening but, that was not to be. There was an issue with restaurant charges on our final bill but the front desk took care of that as well. Beds are fabulous, towels are HUGE and very nice, bathroom was SPOTLESS (very important!) loved the Sports Bar and the pool. All of the employees that we came in contact with were great, they all went above and beyond (with the exception of the sheet issue...someone dropped the ball there). I LOVE Doubletree, especially this location.....we will see you guys again soon. :o)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Your comments were extremely helpful to me as well as to our future guests. It appears we let you down in some areas but in other areas we were successful. I take all our guest comments seriously so I will make sure I follow up on why the linens were an issue as well as share your compliments on our service with our staff.

We hope to see you again soon and I will work hard to remedy the problems you encountered.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

We have stayed at many Hilton types of hotels over there years, but this one had the most friendly staff (from the front desk to the person cleaning the smoking area out front, to the security guard)!! The rooms were very clean w/great housekeeping, bed's very comfortable and the food is very good and really inexpensive.
Got a great AAA price for the room, should we every get back to Murfreesboro, this hotel will be our first choice!! Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank coach1228

Hotels are in the service industry and it is important to me that each one of our team members recognizes the necessity of taking service to the highest level possbile. Thank you for sharing your comments.

Sandra Miller