“Not a Pretty Site”

Knights Inn Murfreesboro
Ranked #30 of 37 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Reviewed February 1, 2008

Very scary place to stay! We made a reservation to stay there on a trip home from Florida (mid-way) - mistake! They gave us our room and my wife freaked out the second we walked in due to a spider hanging out in the bathroom sink (big sucker)!. The bed sheets were extremely balled and old looking, there were brown (nasty) stains all over the sides of the box springs, and the room reeked of paint fumes. We complained to the front desk clerk and asked to leave but he would not refund the cash payment we had made. They did provide us with a different room that was a bit more tolerable - but I can't see why they didn't offer us a more sanitary room to begin with. The kicker was going to the continental breakfast the following morning and hearing the owners/staff talk about me and my complaints - unaware that I was sitting right there! Not very professional! There were also a lot of creepy people lingering in the stairwells of the hotel - made us feel uncomfortable, too. Keep on driving if you spot this bad boy along the freeway!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank Bassmeister

Reviewed June 21, 2007

My group had 6 rooms, (we were trying to keep our expenses down).
If you are interested in going on the cheep, just want to layover for a couple of hours, aren't easily grossed out, and feel safe in all places at all times. You can manage here.

If you are sophisticated enough to check on line about the quality (oops there's THAT word) of the place you are considering. You should spend a few bucks more and look elsewhere.

One other thing, I booked on-line for $42-$49 (thurs-fri). On the drive over they had bill boards advertising the same room for $29.99. Because I had booked directly with the hotel's web site, they agreed to honor the advertised price. Had I booked with hotel.com or one of those, I'd have had to live with that.

Truth is, if you are looking for a reason not to stay here, it won't be hard to find.

• Stayed: June 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank ballerfan
Reviewed May 31, 2007

Terrible! I was robbed in the parking lot! MY car was hit on the side in the middle of the night- horrible service!! My husband called the front desk and a woman answered his question and hung the phone up on him! Ridiculous service...

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank kikilala
Reviewed January 23, 2006

My husband's job requires frequent travel all over the country, and I accompany him whenever possible, so while I can't say this was the absolute worst hotel we've ever stayed at, it was pretty close.

I didn't even think it was possible for sheets to be that thread-bare, they were practically transparent! I don't think they had been changed since the last occupant either, but we didn't use them. We travel so much I have found it prudent to bring my own bedding, towels, and cleaning supplies--and they were needed here. I didn't even want to touch those towels, or use the toilet until I had cleaned and disinfected the entire bathroom. The walls were filthy, water stained ceiling, shaddy characters in the parking lot. We were afraid to even take off our shoes to walk on the dirty carpet!

Only redeeming features: the staff was nice, friendly, and helpful, and the continental breakfast was decent.

• Stayed: December 2005, traveled on business
28  Thank Jess_Summers
A TripAdvisor Member
Kennesaw, GA
Reviewed October 7, 2004

After booking a reservation online, we arrived to find that the pictures on the internet of this property are NOT accurate. Motel is located between a truck stop and a fireworks stand. They refused to accept our cancellation and charged us for a night's stay even though we never checked in.

26  Thank A TripAdvisor Member