“Clean, quiet, economical”

Ranked #30 of 37 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Fort Wayne IN
“Clean, quiet, economical”
Reviewed September 5, 2011

We made reservations online. We arrived late and found a clean, quiet room. All the personnel were courteous and helpful, especially the night and day clerks, and the maintenance man, Ray. We had a little difficulty with the wifi, but it worked fine in the lobby. The continental breakfast was not lavish, just cold cereal, donuts, coffee, juice, and toast. The rates were excellent; the room was larger than those of one of their competitors, and it had a bathtub! I would recommend this hotel to anybody traveling to Murfreesboro.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank ElsieM194

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed August 13, 2011

This place has some horrid reviews. There were only a few things I found that could be improved upon and these are things that need to be fixed in any older property. The paint was peeling and cracking a bit and the carpet was a bit worn. The bed was comfortable and the sheets and pillows were clean.

The TV had about 70 channels and each of them came in crystal clear and there were plenty of electrical outlets for plugging in our laptops. The WIFI stayed on and never booted either myself our my fiancee which was a very pleasant surprise. The pool area was clean and the water a perfect temperature. The AC kicked out nice old air but had a habit of turning itself off and on. Other than that we didn't have any issues that I can think of. We would stay here again as the rates for two for a king smoking room were very reasonable and it was quiet and comfortable!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank redtruckinghood
Auburn, Kentucky
Reviewed July 28, 2011

On 6/14/2011 I booked the reservation for 7/10 thru 7/23 via the website at the "stay 2 save 20%'" which, at the time, I thought was a pretty good deal. But, when I got to the property on 7/10 there was a banner over the front of the building advertising a weekly special of $159. When I checked in I inquired to see if this was because I had a second double bed, the lady checking me said that my online reservation was the "corporate set" rate, and that, since they're indepently owned, they have some leeway to set rates via special promotions, etc. At no time did she suggest my cancelling the online reservation and checking in under the $159 weekly rate. This basically left me "stuck" with the online reservation which was $200+ more. I sent an e-mail to corporate and they replied that it would be taken care of by 7/27. One of their customer care reps left a voice message at home indicating that, since the property is indepently owned, I should have contacted the property. I contacted the rep today and explained that nowhere on the website was it mentioned that I could or should contact the property directly. So, I'm stuck with a bill $200 higher than it should have been. I doubt that I'll be going back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank rlestes

Travelers are raving about these Murfreesboro hotels

Tulsa
Reviewed May 15, 2011

Our first experience with the Murfreesboro Knghts Inn was an unforgettable experience:
it was dirty, and it smelled dirty. The door handle was sticky, half the lightbulbs in the room were burnt out or missing, and one of the wall lights was dangling by the cord. Also, the smoke detector was ripped from the ceiling and dangled over the bed like Damocles' sword. Finally, there was someone else's hair on the sheets. It made you want to take a long shower after just standing in it for a minute.

We went back to the office and told them there was no way we were going to stay in such a filthy room. The girl at the desk didn't apologize but quickly found us another one, which was quite an improvement over the first, but which I'd still rate at only one star. My old destroyer in the Navy was cozier and cleaner, but at least this room didn't stink.

We fled the next morning, after a long shower... never to return We spent just 13 hours there but the Murfreesboro Knights Inn will live forever in family lore.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any.
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
7 Thank cfitzmaurice
Escondido, CA
Reviewed March 2, 2011

I don't know why some of the reviews are so terrible. When you stay in a very "budget minded" motel, it's not going to be 5 star. We found the rooms very clean, the staff very helpful. Yes, the decor was somewhat outdated, but the stuff that counts (comfortable bed, clean, soft linens, good heat and air, a TV that works, good plumbing) was all anyone could ask for. I would recommend to a friend as long as they understood that it wasn't a "room service" kind of place. WELL WORTH THE MONEY!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank calteri
Cartersville, GA
Reviewed February 23, 2011

I had a reservation for this motel for the night of Feb. 12, 2011. When I woke up that morning at my home I was very ill wih a cold, and didn't feel like traveling would be best for me or anyone I would come in contact with. I called the Reservation Dept. to cancel the reservation, and they were very polite, but were unable to asist me. They suggested I call Wyndham Customer Service, which I did. The lady ther suggested canceling the reservation rather than moving it up a week, and furnished me a with a cancellation number. The on Feb. 14, I found out that I had been charged for a nights stay at the hotel. I called Customer Service back and the gentleman who answerd told me the would handle it, but that the Resolution Dept. would neeed three days to handle it. I calle back on the following Thursday, since I wa still being charged, and they told me that the Inn was suppossed tohave called me. Since I had not heard from the Inn, I called them. The Manager was not in, but the lady who answerd the phone told me she could take care of it, and would call me back. About two hours later she called me and said that the reservation could not be cancelled and that the cancellation number I had been given was o let the Inn know I would not be coming and that I would still be charged for a nights stay. There are two things wrong here. First I am not stupid. I have traveled all over the world. I know what a cancellation number is, and it is a cancellation of a reservation. Second I dont like being lied to. The woman who called me either did not know what she was talking about or in the alternative was just a plain liar. Do yourself a favor Dont stay at this Knights Inn

Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
7 Thank jspierce16
travelqueen1972
Reviewed January 6, 2011

I didn't even know it was legal to have a hotel like this. The cement walkway to the second floor leaned on an angle. The first room we had the toilet backed up....the second room the cable TV didn't work. Only thing that worked was the Wi-Fi. The room smelled horrible, and we had a non smoking room. We didn't even take a shower - it stank and was so gross. If I had my kids with me I would have left. As it was we slept in our clothes.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends