Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville SE - Murfreesboro
Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Dandridge, Tennessee
“Nice new hotel”
Reviewed April 24, 2010

Brand new hotel (and probably not on your GPS so you may want a map or directions). Typical Embassy Suites layout and amenities but a little nicer since it is so new. No major service complaints; very clean. Very close to lots of shopping and restaurants, many in walking distance. Only real complaint is that paid internet is not typical for Embassy but you have to pay here if you want it in your room. Free internet in the business center if you just want to check email, check in for a flight, etc. but prepare to pay $10/day otherwise. The internet is what prevented a 5-star rating from me.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Murfreesboro
Reviewed March 6, 2010

I wanted to reserve a room for my wife, daughter and to of her friends. The girls wanted to swim and watch movies and call room service. It was my daughters 14th birthday and this was what she wanted. I reserved the room by credit card and told the reservation "specialist" that I would be working and was NOT going to be checking in. I asked would this be ok? Would I or my card need to be present at check in? I was told no sir. Just before my sales presentation my wife called and said they would not let her check in without the credit card. I would have given it to her had I been advised correctly. I left work to go across town and present the card. My customer came and refused to wait. I missed a lucrative sale. Perhaps you should not trust the Embassy Suites with the information they give you. At the very LEAST be weary. I trusted them and it cost me.

Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank KennyWayne
Illinois
Reviewed February 27, 2010

We arrived to find one of our rooms smelled of a funky bad body odor. We had to wait 15-20 minutes for another room. It was filled up with people everywhere on the first floor with some convention. When we came down for the managers reception there was absolutely no where to sit and everyone was standing and blocking the way to the bar and all the hors d'oeuvres were completely gone and did I mention the noise. We would have been better off sleeping on the highway. The next morning it was the same situation, most of the hot breakfast food was devoured and crumbs left and we had to wait for hot food that never came, we ended up with cereal and yogurt for breakfast. Then when we checked out we informed the manager on duty and she was totally reluctant to give us a discount and then finally gave us a whole 20 bucks off. Did I mention the noise until 2:00 am. and the foul mouthed patrons at the pool.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank Colonel_Klink_10
Reviewed February 19, 2010

I stated this embassy suites in early February 2010. I could not imagine a nicer stay. You may stay at other hotels that cost twice as much and seem to be more luxurious but I think would be hard to take issue with any aspect of my stay. The rooms are spacious well appointed and the beds are comfortable. The breakfast was hot, fresh and delicious. This hotel comes highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2009
Kansas City
Reviewed February 11, 2010

I recently stayed at the Embassy Suites Mufreesboro for a quick one-night stay...

Upon arriving at the hotel and lugging in all of our luggage (traveling with my wife and son), I noticed that the automatic doors to the hotel weren't working. My hands were full -- as were the hands of a conference attendee going in at the same time as me. We took turns trying to open the doors for each other. When I got to check-in, I asked them when they were going to be getting their automatic doors fixed. The reply, "They're not broken, sir. We just turned them off because it was so cold." Convenient!

The room was spacious -- I think it may have been because it was still missing a coffee table -- but the parlor felt larger than most. The pool was open until midnight -- and was a terrific temperature for a quick relaxing dip.

On the morning of the day of our checkout, we were awakened by a housekeeper at 8:15 AM. She didn't speak much English and even though I told her we were checking out later that morning, she still pointed into the room and asked, "Clean?" She finally understood, "Later..." and left. I called downstairs to see what the mix up had been -- since we were going to be checking out, they shouldn't have come until after we had done so. The lady I spoke with at the front desk blew it off and said I could speak to housekeeping if I wanted to know why. I asked to be patched through to the GM's VM so that I could let them know about it so they could take care of it before it happened to other guests. She transferred me to the accounting manager's voicemail. I called back to the front desk and explained the situation to a man who answered. He transferred me to the original lady I had spoken with and she first said she was surprised I had been transferred to the accounting manager's voicemail and then about 30 seconds later said that she had transferred me to that extension because that was the "highest level manager here today." I told her that I wanted to be patched through to the GM's voicemail, even if they weren't there. She said okay and then promptly patched me through to housekeeping (not the GM.) At that point, I gave up.

The hotel was nice, the staff just needs to work some kinks out. I'll be mailing a letter to the GM and I hope it gets routed correctly.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank justalittlecrazykc
Chattanooga, TN
Reviewed January 25, 2010

This is a new hotel and is very nicely laid out and decorated. I stayed here while attending a conference on January 21/22, 2010. The people were friendly and the place was clean. I enjoyed the managers reception complete with mixed drinks. However, I would have rather paid for my drink and received free internet like all of the other hotels in the area. Why is it when you pay more for the hotel you have to pay for the internet service as well? Also, had a hard time getting to sleep because of the outside flood light shining in my 3rd floor window. Even the curtains could not keep it out. Then I finally fall asleep... around 4 a.m. and at 7:45 a.m. I am awoken by the house cleaning lady banging on my door. After yelling several times that I am trying to sleep, she decides to come on in. Thank goodness I had the latch on the door. As nice as this place looked, they have a long ways to go before I will ever stay here again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank BrtArt22
Illinois
Reviewed January 7, 2010

This hotel was gorgeous!!! I stay at Embassy suites hotels often and this was by far the BEST. I asked one of the employees how old was the hotel and she informed me it has existed for only 16 months. The decor is gorgeous and the complimentary breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family