“Slap your granny good!”

Jeff's Family Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 431 Restaurants in Murfreesboro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
“Slap your granny good!”
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

We live out of state, saw this on trip advisor and thought a meat and three would be better than a burger....we were right! From the pork & gravy to the homemade creamcheese poundcake everything was wonderful! Thanks so much for great food & great service!

• Visited June 2014
4 Thank ChasingPavement4U

Sanford, North Carolina
“Best Kept Secret”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

If you are looking for good food, good price, and the best desserts, this is the place. Tucked away in a residential area is JEFF's. This is our first time. You go through the serving line and get to "see" all the food. Jeff serves it right up. The Pork Steak, Country Fried Steak, and BBQ chicken were excellent! The flap-jack corn bread was sweet and great! This is Soul Food at its best! I always eat dessert and WOW....Chocolate Chess Pie! Open 11am - 6pm We will come back later this week. My husband put up a tweet and now all our friends are asking.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank annie a
“A great Find”
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

It is everything all the other reviews say it is. Wish there were more places like this still around. Great food service. Everything done right.

2 Thank AllenCurtis_1
Jacksonville, Arkansas
“Don't be fooled by appearances.”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

As I drove away from civic center to find this place I was a little concerned to find myself deep in a residential area and wasn't exactly inspired when I finally saw the building tucked away on a large corner lot. However, this wasn't the first time I've tried something off the beaten path and I'm glad I did again this time.

Healthy portions of good food served cafeteria style and with a sizable selection to choose from. The deserts looked yummy but I filled up on the main course so I'll have to come back to try them.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank DavidMc314
nashville
“GREAT food.”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We finally made it to Jeff's after seeing the restaurant covered on the local Tennessee Crossroads show on TV years ago. I will say that it was even better than expected. This is a family-styled food restaurant where you get your food up at the counter. I ordered the pork shoulder (pulled pork) and honestly, it is the best I have ever had. They have it in back, so you might have to ask for it. But you will not be disappointed. We went again two weeks later and I had to order the same thing it was so good. I'm sure the rest of the food is just as good. The sides are varied and great. I like the macaroni and cheese and the corn. My husband enjoys the greens. I highly recommend this restaurant if you are in the area. It's not at all fancy, but it is homey and the folks are friendly.

• Visited April 2014