WINNER WONDERLAND

Jeff's Family Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 413 Restaurants in Murfreesboro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Country Cooking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Great meat and three local restaurant. The fried chicken is like mom use to fix. Mashed potatoes and green beans take me down memory lane. Wide variety of meats, vegetables and desserts. This is cafeteria style so you are in and out quick. Plus the service at the table to make sure your drink is full is a nice compliment. Such a clean place with a friendly staff makes a great lunch. Family owned and operated.

• Visited August 2013
4 Thank TWB2006SSR

“FANTASTIC!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Ate at this place on July 23 2013 for lunch. The food was the best I have had in years!!!! I have decided when I am in the area, this will be the place I choose to have my meal! Food was fantastic, very clean place to eat and the people that own it and run it are very super nice! I would give this place a perfect score!!!! WE EVEN MET JEFF, THE OWNER AND HE WAS VERY NICE!!!!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Buckwheat79
Boston
“Hidden, but worth finding”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

My family prefers to go to local family owned restaurants instead of the same old chain restaurants you find everywhere when we go away. So we searched on Tripadvisor and decided to program our Garmin to find Jeff's Family Restaurant for lunch. We didn't know what to do when we entered, asked if we should seat ourselves. When they realized it was our first time there, they welcomed us, brought us over to the food and proceeded to describe all the choices. You get a meat and choice of vegetables cafeteria style. Everything was great. The fried chicken was crisp and not greasy, the pulled pork delicious and the vegetables were tasty! It's a no frills place but a great family run restaurant. We didn't have room for desserts but was told their son is the baker and their pies are found in stores so next time we will definitely leave room for one. Try this casual restaurant for an inexpensive, home cooked meal.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank MassMoma
Munford, Tennessee
“Soul food Baby!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

I am from Memphis and if you have ever tried Melanies,Ms.Ellen's,M&R grocery,Etc.Etc.You know I know my Plate Lunches.I saw the reviews on this restaurant and gave it a try with my Wife and Daughter.They close at 6:00.We arrived at 5:45.This scared me no one wants to get the last scraps on a cafeteria table.I observed the food thinking this has got to be cold and dryed out.Wrong some food is for display They cooked a salmon croquett right then my fried chicken was still warm and if it had been cold it was fried right breast no less and still juicy.they also gave me a thigh.Non of the vegetables were floating in grease.We had fresh greens sweet corn type pudding string beans Yams mac and cheese etc..They Served us sweet pan fried bread and a different kind of Hot water cornbread.Bread was still warm a big plus.The price for Three was $22 no desserts.I am giving this place 5 stars because the beat my beloved hometowns soulfood.I couldn't believe it!No one beats our BBQ or Soulfood!The only thing I wish Is Jeff's Family Restaurant Was in Memphis!!Not a complete complaint on any thing on our plates.Aaron Patterson

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Aaron P
“Great Soul Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

One of Mufreesboro's gems. This family owned restaurant is located well off the beaten path. Even so, a crowd at lunch tells you they know how to cook. The selections are fresh and tasty, the service is friendly, and the tables and restrooms are clean. A great place for college kids, families, bank presidents, and construction workers! You owe it to yourself to go and experience the Country Fried Steak, veggies, and finish the meal with a piece of 6 inch high Red Velvet Cake!

• Visited January 2013