“One of my very favorite BBQ places”
Review of Kirkenburt's Smokehouse Grill - CLOSED

Kirkenburt's Smokehouse Grill
Reviewed May 12, 2010

I eat here several times a month. The staff have always been very friendly. I LOVE their wings! I always get the mild ones, smokey and a little sweet. Sometimes they do seem a little under staffed and could use an extra waitress or cashier, but the staff work so hard you probably won't notice.

Reviewed April 30, 2010

Live down the street. Got the sampler meal to go. The ribs were so overcooked you could not bite them . The pulled pork and chicken were so dry you could barely swallow them. The sides were so tiny and cost $1.99 each--had no flavor. Corn bread was good, but you only got a tiny slice. You are better off going to Famous Dave's! You get big portions and nice juicy meat.

Reviewed February 26, 2010

Took my family to Kirkenburts tonight. The food was unbelieveably horrible.

Ribs tasted like they had been boiled in water and covered in store bought barbeque sauce. Simply awful

My married daughter ordered the Brisket, It was mostly full of fat. and served cool.

Wife ordered pulled pork. She said it was just alright. Not that good.

The cole slaw and potato salad tasted like the inside of a refrigerator (meaning old), and both had a twangy vinegary tartness. We only hope it wasn't spoiled.

Service was fair consideing the poor waitress was seemingly working alone.

Beware of this restaurant. NOT as advertised!

Reviewed December 8, 2009

We live near the restaurant and we go there all the time. Everything I've had is really good. Some of the best burgers you'll ever eat. The owners have been really nice with us. We order delivery from there sometimes. Once they forgot to put BBQ sauce on the sandwich and the one of the owners drove all the way back just to give us some sauce. We take our families all the time when they're in town. Now it's part of any visit when they come. I'm anxious to have one of their sandwiches at the MTSU basketball games.

Reviewed August 18, 2009

I recently placed an order of the onsale ($1.50 ea) sandwich at Kirkenburts Smokehouse. The order was two BBQ sandwiches 4 sides, and two sweat teas. A total of $18.15. I inquired about the cost and was told that there was extra charge for the sauce and the cornbread that I expected to come with the white beans was $1.00. They didn't tell me the price of the extra sauce. I expect it was a dollar too. I promptly cancelled the order and place a new order for just two sandwiches. When my order was brought to me I was asked if I needed silverware or napkins. I quickly responded no - I was afraid of being charged for them too. If I had allowed this order to be fullfilled I would have felt as if I was the pork that got picked.