“This Pei Wei is the Pits”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Pei Wei Asian Diner - CLOSED

Pei Wei Asian Diner
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Nashville
“This Pei Wei is the Pits”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

I am a big fan of Pei Wei and eat there an average of twice a week and have visited scores of units around the country. Love the place. This Murfreesboro restaurant is an outlier and a big disappointment. I'm writing this review only after four consecutive negative experiences at this location. On a prior visit, the manager told me they have had a lot of trouble retaining quality employees, and it's certainly obvious. On my last visit on Friday, 8/10/2012: the order taker was not friendly, the hot and sour soup was not hot, the crab won tons were slightly burnt. Kung Pao chicken featured undercooked beans. When I arrived two employees were on break, sitting at the counter. One was eating, the other had his head down and was taking a nap. The tea container was missing completely, so I was forced to select from the wretched Coca Cola freestyle machine, which is another story in itself. Eight of the basic flavors on the first page were out ... which, if you know anything about these machines, means there were very few choices. There were no knives. The table was sticky. The people working at this location clearly do not care. I've been eating at this Pei Wei since it opened, but no more. This place has become, in my opinion, the scourge of a very fine chain.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Jim R

Smyrna, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Takeout”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

Pei Wei is a frequent choice of ours for reasonably priced and tasty take-out after work!

Visited April 2012
Dalton, Georgia
“Pretty good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2011

I like this restaurant a lot! The food is great, I especially love the Blazing Noodles with shrimp, and the price is reasonable. We always take home leftovers! Even my son, who is hard to please, loves the kids dishes. The staff was very nice and I love that they have outdoor seating. Over all, a nice family place to eat.

• Visited September 2010
MidTN
“Not good”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2011

Went here with 2 other people. No one I was with thought it was any good and it was over priced. None of usfinished our meals, we didn't take it to go nor will we be going back. I like to tell people to try everthing at least once, for they may like it. I'm having a hard time saying that of this place. BTW, I live in Thailand.

• Visited July 2010
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Nice lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2011

I ate lunch here with two other people. Everyone enjoyed their food- lettuce wraps, orange chicken, and thai chicken. The atmosphere is nice, and the staff is all attentive and friendly.

• Visited February 2011