For the last few years, we have made it a point to stay at the Best Western Chaffin Inn in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, on our way to and from our June/July vacation in Sarasota, Florida. It's only an eight or nine hour ride from Chicago but a very long 730-mile trip from Sarasota. But we think it is worth it. We remember when Murfreesboro was a one-Holiday Inn town and the only reason for stopping there was to visit the Stones River battlefield. How times have changed. The exit at 78-B is one of the busiest we have ever encountered on our travels. Virtually every hotel chain and every restaurant chain and every gas station chain is represented along the road, even White Castle. There also are several malls with large department stores and motion picture theaters. So we chose to stop at Best Western Chaffin Inn, which is conveniently located off I-24. While some visitors have complained of highway noise, we have never had an issue with it. Nor with noisy tourists. Our room was clean and comfortable--hey, the shower was wonderful and doesn't that always count for something?--with excellent television reception and many cable channels. We arise too early to take advantage of the continental breakfast--I'm told the waffles was special--but our 3 a.m. wakeup worked like a charm. There is an outdoor pool for visitors to enjoy. In the summer, a lot of girls softball teams frequent the Chaffin Inn. Security keeps the noise down. We've never had a difficult time sleeping. And the air conditioning, unlike some hotels, is quiet and very efficient. Never too cold. And Chaffin Inn is close to several popular restaurants, including Red Lobster and Ruby Tuesday that we have found to be very inviting. Murfreesboro is a good location because it makes for a relatively short trip to Chicago going north and Tallahassee, Florida, going south.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the BEST WESTERN Chaffin Inn located in the heart of middle Tennessee in Murfreesboro. The BEST WESTERN Chaffin Inn offers guests great customer service and unbeatable amenities all for an affordable price. Guests staying at this newly renovated hotel will enjoy spacious guest rooms featuring 32 inch flat screen televisions with expanded cable including HBO® and ESPN, microwave, refrigerator and free wireless high-speed Internet access. Start the day off right with a complimentary hot breakfast including waffles and sausage, egg & cheese biscuit, plus and newspaper before relaxing in the seasonal outdoor swimming pool. Located near the rich historic Civil War sights and attractions, the BEST WESTERN Chaffin Inn is close to where travelers to the Murfreesboro area want to be. Guests can spend the day exploring Stone River National Battlefield, touring Oakland's Historic Site or walking Cannonsburgh Village. Horse lovers will appreciate this Murfreesboro hotel being situated so close to many area horse shows and activities. Find a variety of different boutiques and shopping malls throughout Murfreesboro and nearby Nashville. Traveling on business? The Nissan Corporation and the Nashville International Airport are a convenient distance from the hotel. We are also conveniently located within two miles of the new Murfreesboro Convention Center. The BEST WESTERN Chaffin Inn also frequently hosts guests in town attending a variety of local festivals. Nearby Middle Tennessee State University makes the BEST WESTERN Chaffin Inn ideal lodging for visiting family, friends or attending sporting events. We hope to have you as our guests soon at the BEST WESTERN Chaffin Inn, your new home away from home! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Best Western Chaffin Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Chaffin Hotel Murfreesboro
- Best Western Murfreesboro
- Murfreesboro Best Western