“Excellent Food, Great Portions, Good service”
Review of The Alley on Main

The Alley on Main
Ranked #3 of 470 Restaurants in Murfreesboro
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Reviewed August 16, 2017

Ate there with our daughter while in town to help her move. We had never been there before even after living there for four yeas. The spaghetti and meat ball was very traditional. The food was hot and fresh. The chicken parm was two large chicken breasts. Lightly breaded and in a great sauce. But the deserts were phenomenal. Cabernet Sorbet and the cobbler were out of this world. Highly Recommend!

Reviewed August 11, 2017

We previously went to this restaurant and decided to visit again. The second time was a complete dissappointment. The salads arrived after the entree. We will not ever return.

Reviewed August 10, 2017 via mobile

great food good service. I had fried catfish that was different than the corn meal based batter u normally get but very good. Wife had filet which of course i tasted. It was a good quality piece of meat cooked very good with lots of flavor. Daughter had fried shrimp that where good.
I will be back.

Reviewed August 6, 2017

This was our first, but not last, visit. My husband and I ordered the grilled trout (blackened) and fried catfish and shared them. Both were delicious, but we both liked the trout the best. The catfish itself was wonderful, I just think we prefer more of a cornmeal type breading, but it was so good that I would order it again. We split a bottle of wine and the owner brought it to the table and asked how the food was. When he found out it was our first visit, he proceeded to tell us a bit about the food and where it comes from. His passion for his restaurant showed and was infectious. The restaurant is upscale food while having a very casual dining experience. We loved it and will be returning soon.

Reviewed July 30, 2017

My husband and I decided to check this place out on a Friday evening without our kids. I'd been hearing about it for a while and was curious. As soon as we walked in, we were seated, and our cheerful, likable server came right over to greet us. Her recommendations were right on target. We tried the crab cakes (amazing!), and I ordered the grilled trout. My husband also ordered the trout but blackened. The lime cilantro sauce served with the fish was pretty incredible. The portions were generous.

We really liked The Alley, and we'll return. They have a huge bar, and the restaurant has plenty of seating if you're not in the mood to mosey up to the bar. It's also very casual. We saw people dressed in everything from shorts to business casual. If you're looking for a local restaurant, check this one out.