WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Our first visit was most pleasent” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rock Haven Lodge

Rock Haven Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Murfreesboro
Rock Haven Lodge
Virginia
“Our first visit was most pleasent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

I, my wife, and another couple visited Rock Haven for a day visit on Tuesday Aug 3, 2011. We had a wonderful time. The guests we met and our host, Susie, were very helpful and friendly. This place was a wonderful find in middle Tennessee. Everything was well manacured and spotless. We have visited many resorts and even though this was our first visit to Rock Haven, it has to be one of our favorite nudists resorts. We will be back at every opportunity.

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Traveler1860

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2008

We booked one of their guest trailers for this particular visit, staying in "'Rocky Top." It's perfect for a couple: living area, eat-in kitchen, full bath, nice bedroom, and a covered front porch with a grill available. The trailer was clean and well-stocked with pots, pans, tableware, sheets, towels, etc. Cable/satellite is not available, but we did pick up local channels on television.

We enjoyed the walking trail, and had fun exploring some of the facilities: a clubhouse with lots of board games, a pool table, paperback books, etc. There is a beach volleyball court which seems to get LOTS of use! There is also a great bath house for those who are camping and don't have these facilities in a tent. There is a small country store, too, where one can buy soda, ice cream, ice, and breakfast or lunch items.

The pool area is nice. Even though you can soak up the sun, there is some shade available at all times. Since I'm very white, my hubby and I chose a shady corner! There is also a hot tub

The people at Rock Haven are friendly and accepting. We saw all types of bodies, and I never once felt uncomfortable with my 43-year-old-mother-of-two figure!

I experienced only two things at Rock Haven that bothered me: the first is that nearly EVERYONE I came into contact with seemed to be a fairly heavy smoker. Since I have some asthma issues, I was forced to leave the pool area on a couple of occasions because of cigarette smoke. There was no way to be in the pool area and avoid it.

The second is that some of the "regulars" at Rock Haven appear to be heavy drinkers. I have no problem with people drinking at a resort--I do it myself. However, several of the folks around the pool had drunk enough to become extremely loud and belligerent. Their language got pretty "salty," too. This bothered me because there were some children around, since Rock Haven is a family nudist resort.

I would recommend visiting Rock Haven during a non-holiday, less crowded time.

• Liked — Quiet and peaceful setting.
  • Disliked — Heavy smokers EVERYWHERE!!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank Boojum323
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2008

Girlfriend and I went for a "getaway" weekend to this nude resort. This was her first time, and though nervous upon entering the place, she was completely comfotable once she saw everyone just relaxing and being themselves. You must be naked at all times (with darn few exceptions), but the truth is, if you have clothes on, you look and feel out-of-place. Great place for a weekend getaway, in your own skin, with no hassles. Swimming pool was fantastic, and everyone there was incredibly friendly. Management bent over backwards to be gracious and helpful. It was their "games" weekend, so there were plenty of activites if you wished to participate. By "games" I mean volleyball, shuffleboard, darts, etc. No public "romantic" activity allowed. If that's your thing, this is NOT your place. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who wants to have a quiet weekend to decompress from the stress of everyday life. Only regret was putting clothes back on and leaving.

• Liked — Friendliness of everyone there.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Phaidraigh
Cincinnati
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2007

Rock Haven is a great place to get comfortable in your own skin.
The pool was nice ,the people friendly.Very secluded yet close to everything.