“A great place to stay!”

Ranked #12 of 37 Hotels in Murfreesboro
SouthEast
“A great place to stay!”
Reviewed July 17, 2009

We stayed here while attending a music competition at MTSU. The staff was VERY friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was nice and varied a bit each morning. The location is easy to find and VERY accessible to MTSU/I-24/many restaurants and shopping. We were a mom, a grandmother and 3 teen girls, and we felt ENTIRELY safe in the hotel and the surrounding area.

The room was a King Suite. It was VERY roomy. The bed was comfortable and then there was a full-size pullout sofa bed, and we still had room for an air mattress on the floor without blocking the path.

My only negative could be that after reading other reviews about the dog kennel, I SPECIFICALLY requested to NOT be on that side of the hotel when I booked my room. I then called the hotel itself and requested that we NOT be near it.......when we arrived, we were OVERLOOKING IT. By that time, the hotel was booked solid with soccer teams so we knew we could not move. It was not that bad though, we ran the air conditioner all night and frankly, soccer moms outside on the sidewalk were louder than the dogs. LOL! (It might be a problem if you are traveling at a time of year where you won't need the air or heat constantly running though)

Other than that, it really was a pleasant stay. The pool was nice and clean, the hot tub and exercise room were also. I cannot say enough about the staff. They were very pleasant and kind ESPECIALLY knowing they had ONE person on the desk with a fully booked hotel! She was constantly smiling and attended to all our needs....amazing!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank zoomom26

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Wisconsin
Reviewed March 20, 2009

We really were impressed with this hotel - extra nice for a Comfort Suites. The only negative was the dog kennel next door. We were on that side and of course, one dog had to have his say till after midnight. Not the hotel's fault, of course, but you may want to request the rooms at the back side of the hotel. We always carry a small fan for "white noise" so we slept fine......
The room was really nice, and had an extra couch (not a pull-out) in the regular guest room, which was nice. Seemed very clean and newer. Good place to stop over on our way to FL.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Indiana
Reviewed February 13, 2009

Overnight stay on our way to Florida. We had 5 so our son slept on the couch. Room was spacious. Bathroom was clean. Light outside room shone in much too brightly. Fan on heating unit was loud.

• Liked — clean
  • Disliked — light outside room
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
Tennessee
Reviewed July 19, 2008

I love this hotel. Everything was very clean. Beds and pillows are awesome. Breakfast was great, coffee available all day. Desk staff was very nice. By far my favorite in Murfreesboro, and I have stayed at more expensive places there.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
tennessee
Reviewed March 9, 2008

We were in town for the Tennessee Beef Agribition and got the chance to stay at the Comfort Suites. I am so thankful as compared to lodging in the past. The room was great. The beds were extremely comfortabl. The rooms were very clean and were of good size. The service was excellent both by the front desk and the maids. I can't express enough how pleasant our stay was. I will plan on staying again and again as our business needs lead us toward this town. Thanks to staff as this was a busy time with the TSSAA tourney in town as well as the Beef Agribition.

Heather

• Liked — the overall cleaniness and look of motel
  • Disliked — our stay wasn't long enough
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank oheifer
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed March 7, 2008

Stayed at Comfort Suites March 5. Was impressed with the size of the room and furnishings. Unfortunately, what could have been a good experience was overshadowed by the poor housekeeping. The room has dark furniture assessories and this allows smudges, dried fluid droplets etc. to be seen more visibly. For us, these things were not noticed until the next morning, as we were tired upon check-in. The beds themselves are very comfortable, we slept well. However the next morning, we were not comfortable with our observances. A used washcloth was hanging over the shower curtain from a previous guest. There was too much signage of previous guests and I was grateful we were not there with a small child. This particular room needs a thorough cleaning. I will not recommend this hotel to any friends.

• Liked — The beds are very comfortable
  • Disliked — cleanliness
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
6 Thank LivN4Vacation
lawrenceville,ga
Reviewed February 16, 2008

I am just back from this lovely new hotel which is located in a convenient part of town: restaurants and shopping are all at your fingertips. The hotel is new, modern and quite comfortable. The bathroom is bright with pewter type fixtures. The beds are quite wonderful and the linens are nice. The hotel is next to a pet boarding and training facility. I did not hear a peep any time I was coming or leaving the hotel until this morning and there were dogs barking around 10:00 a.m....most likely out for a run.

Here is why I am perturbed: I booked a room on the Choice Hotel web page. I am a GOLD ELITE Choice member. I called ahead and asked for a quiet room, at the end of the hall and away from the road. This was noted in my folio. I arrived and was told I was booked into a room near the road and on the noisier side of the hotel. I asked if I could be switched...the hotel was not even half full and I received an e-mail LAST WEEK that told me (as a GOLD member) I would be eligible for an automatic upgrade to a nicer room if available. I was not asking for an upgrade...just a different room assignment. Piper (the front desk) told me that there was mention in the computer that I had already requested this type of (a quiet) room but that managment said I could only switch rooms if I switched rates from $71.99 per night to $89.99 per night. HELLO? I mentioned the e-mail and was told that each hotel is individually owned and does not have to adhere to corporate policies. Oh yeah...does that mean they have the option to put TVs in the room or serve breakfast too? This really frustrated me as I stay many nights (each year) with Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn Express and have had no trouble whatsoever moving from the front (noisey) side of the hotel to the back..they are always accomodating and even let me check the room out first. I am not pleased with the inconsistency of the serviceat this location. As a consumer, I do not want surprises when I arrive (due to site issues) and have stated my requests. Piper saw an opportunity to be customer friendly and personally moved me to a different room, under the assumption that management may not have understood my GOLD ELITE status. I was quite pleased with the mature customer friendly nature of a 21 year old front desk clerk (who undertands business accumen) over the manager, who perhaps did not know my elite status. She was courteous and kind and a definite asset to the chain, as she understands brand loyalty and the needs of a business traveler. Thank you Piper....you are a gem. Piper is responsible for turning an unpleasant arrival into a comfortable stay.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — management
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business