“Best Chef-owned restaurant in the Boro”

Five Senses Restaurant Bar and Catering
Ranked #27 of 436 Restaurants in Murfreesboro
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: "A Hint of Southern Fare with a Dash of French Cuisine" We strive to bring a fresh, healthy & local approach to dining. Specializing in fresh seafood cooked to order, locally sourced produce & meats, as well as seasonal menus. From fresh & local food items, to parties in the Private Dining Room, to Full Service Caterings of all sizes, we can do it all! Five Senses is a Full Service Caterer meaning - Let us take care of it all! From Bartending, Serving, Cooking, placing your Rental Orders, Event Planning... The list goes on!
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Elegant dishes that pair European influences with Southern-style cooking. We ordered the oso buco, which is served on a bed of grits instead of the traditional risotto, and roasted squash ravioli, homemade with locally grown squash. Dishes were excellent, although the balsamic brown butter sauce covering the ravioli was a little too heavy on the balsamic. The pistachio creme brulee topped the meal off just right, not too heavy yet unique and just the right amount of sweet. Nice choices of wine, port and desert wine set this restaurant apart, as does the casual upscale atmosphere. Get away from the chains and find something unique and new at Five Sense.
Don't depend on the Web site - they haven't updated it in quite a while. Call if you have any questions.

1  Thank CyndieTodd

Reviewed September 12, 2011

You can't go wrong here! Everything is delicious! My husband and I have been eating here since it first opened and have always loved their menus.

Reviewed August 2, 2011

We have eaten there about 7 times and the food is always great. Never have had a bad meal. It's hidden in the rear of a small strip mall making it hard to see from the road but worth the effort. The cheese and olive appetizer is great and we usually get that and split it. Last time had the lobster and mussel pasta and it was one of the best dishes I've ever had. The filet is also excellent. They have "couples night" which is a good deal as well as half price appetizers on Saturday and 2 for 1 well drinks.

Reviewed July 21, 2011

While Fives Senses is not the easiest place to find it more than makes up for it in delicious, fresh & inventive food! Yes, prices may be a little steep but you DO get what you pay for! Our party ordered the Tomato & Crab feature and loved it so much, they ordered another! DELICIOUS. Hard to believe that I ordered a BURGER (which I never do in a fine eatery) BUT the Kobe Burger did NOT disappoint!! Truthfully, THE BEST hamburger I've ever eaten! They now serve a Southern Lunch so we will definitely have to go back for that!! Service, cleanliness, atmosphere ALL 5 STARS!! A GREAT find!!

1  Thank RANDALLALLEN
Reviewed March 2, 2011

We stopped for lunch on our travels and tried Five Senses. The concept for lunch is Southern Country Cooking. A plate lunch with two ample sides is $8-9. They also have some pizzas that are not listed on the online menu. Before we got our food, they brought out mini corn muffins which were very tasty. We tried the meatloaf and it seemed to have minimal binders and tasted great. The fried chicken was two nice strips of breast meat, also tasty. The side were tiny Brussels sprouts with finely diced red peppers and onion I think and the green beans were the flat Italian green beans, both cooked to a fairly soft consistency, which I like. The mashed potatoes were also good. The macaroni and and cheese was ok , but I like it with a nice brown cheesy crust. When it is missing, it lacks a little for me.
overall we liked it and would definitely eat there again. I would like to try their dinner.