“Great Roast Pork”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
“Great Roast Pork”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Great local "dive" that locals keep in business! Roast Pork is worth the drive. Inexpensive and tasty! Eclectic crowd at lunch time since they are located close to MTSU as college kids and business leaders (who have graduated from MTSU) should tell you that cheap food doesn't mean bad food!

• Visited January 2013

Peoria, Illinois
“Not at all what we were expecting.”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I consulted tripadvisor for a restaurant in Murfreeboro and read fabulous reviews on this "best chinese food" place. I told my husband that I'd obviously uncovered a rare, local jewel. Well, when we pulled up, we almost left since there were only 3 diners in the place and it was 7:00 pm. But that didn't stop us. We decided to forge ahead. The place may have been clean...but it was so cluttered and disorganized...boxes and bags of rice on the way to the bathroom which was NOT clean enough for my standards. The food was kind of okay...but the atmosphere was so tired and questionable, we couldn't really enjoy it. Must be a "local" kind of thing and I wish them well as they seemed very sincere...but we would not go back.

• Visited December 2012
Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States
“I want some now!”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I always get the same thing-1/2 rice, 1/2 noodles, roast pork, generals chicken and an egg roll. The roast pork will melt in your mouth!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Angie R
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely the best chinese food in the 'boro!”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Looks are not always what the seem...! Sure the Far East Cafe looks like flashback to the 1970's but the food is simply the best. I have lived in the Boro for close to one year, searching high and low for a local chinese spot after leaving mine 700 miles west. After finding many disappointing rivals in town (China S*&#, Chef W^%$). I stumbled into the Far East Cafe on a stroke of luck.

I ordered the Gerneral Tsu's chicken (I was too late for the buffet) My super sweet waitress informed me "We just call it General Chicken", it came with fried rice. I also ordered some egg drop soup because it's usually a favorite of mine. Then after eating my waitress asked if I wanted some more rice to go with my left over chicken (Because I ate it all, soo good). What place does that! AWESOME!

All I have to say is Hands down the Best place I have had in the Boro and maybe anywhere. Food was Great, Service was perfect and the prices reasonable.

I am now a loyal customer and might even have it for dinner tonight!

• Visited July 2012
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Best chinese food in town by far!!”
Reviewed May 26, 2012

This is the best chinese restaurant I have ever been to. Its family owned and they are ALWAYS very nice.They always have fresh, tasty dishes that they will even 'customize' for you if you ask them to and its a reasonable request (ie making a dish less or more spicy, amount of sauce, etc) and they are very reasonably priced. To top it all off they have huge portions and 2 people can usually eat from one plate if they want. (Oh and they deliver too!)

Visited April 2012