“I want some now!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States
“I want some now!”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I always get the same thing-1/2 rice, 1/2 noodles, roast pork, generals chicken and an egg roll. The roast pork will melt in your mouth!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Angie R

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely the best chinese food in the 'boro!”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Looks are not always what the seem...! Sure the Far East Cafe looks like flashback to the 1970's but the food is simply the best. I have lived in the Boro for close to one year, searching high and low for a local chinese spot after leaving mine 700 miles west. After finding many disappointing rivals in town (China S*&#, Chef W^%$). I stumbled into the Far East Cafe on a stroke of luck.

I ordered the Gerneral Tsu's chicken (I was too late for the buffet) My super sweet waitress informed me "We just call it General Chicken", it came with fried rice. I also ordered some egg drop soup because it's usually a favorite of mine. Then after eating my waitress asked if I wanted some more rice to go with my left over chicken (Because I ate it all, soo good). What place does that! AWESOME!

All I have to say is Hands down the Best place I have had in the Boro and maybe anywhere. Food was Great, Service was perfect and the prices reasonable.

I am now a loyal customer and might even have it for dinner tonight!

• Visited July 2012
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Best chinese food in town by far!!”
Reviewed May 26, 2012

This is the best chinese restaurant I have ever been to. Its family owned and they are ALWAYS very nice.They always have fresh, tasty dishes that they will even 'customize' for you if you ask them to and its a reasonable request (ie making a dish less or more spicy, amount of sauce, etc) and they are very reasonably priced. To top it all off they have huge portions and 2 people can usually eat from one plate if they want. (Oh and they deliver too!)

Visited April 2012
Murfreesboro
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The VERY BEST FOOD IN TOWN WITH LOW PRICES”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

I've been going to The Far East with my closest friends for alot of years every week! Why? The food! The menu items taste better than other in town and made just like you want it. The owner is a very good man that wants your visit to be the very best each time. The building is not fancy, but the food is what you come there for not the high overhead that adds cost to your eating cost. Try it and you'll be like me and my friends that keep coming back EVERY WEEK!

• Visited December 2011
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Far East never changes.... always GREAT!”
Reviewed June 12, 2011

I have been eating at Far East since my college days in the early 80's at MTSU. The same family owns the restaurant, and the food remains delicious.... whether you are a coed nursing a teeny hangover, or a family with kids in tow, the food is awesome.

My favorite is the General's chicken, egg rolls and the fried rice. My kids love the noodles, egg rolls, and beef and broccoli. We are all ADDICTED to the roast pork, however.

Love your tummy. Take it to Far East!

• Visited June 2011