“Never Disappointed”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Tennessee
“Never Disappointed”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

My wife and I went to the Parthenon for a date night on Friday, November 15, 2013. We are always greeted by a very friendly person and shown to our table. Our server was very friendly and efficient. The food was served promptly, just as ordered and was very good. I believe that this the only restaurant in Murfreesboro that serves fresh oysters on the half shell which we occasionally order. The owner always comes by and says hello and asks if we enjoyed our meal. In addition to serving and excellent dinner, they also have a very good lunch menu. If you live in the area, staying in one our the hotels or traveling, I highly recommend it. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited November 2013

Henderson, Tennessee
“Wonderful start to a great weekend”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

An excellent first meal for this weekend trip! Lamb chops were SO good as was the crab bisque and sweet potato fries. I enjoyed mine so much I don't even remember what Jimmy got!

• Visited November 2013
Smyrna, Tennessee
“Good food, poor service”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We ate at this Parthenon Grill Sunday. We were greeted and seated promptly, but waited a long time for a server. When he showed up, he took our drink orders, and we waited a long time for the drinks. He brought our drinks, but did not give us straws. He took our food orders, and left, saying he'd be right back with straws. He never came back. The restaurant was not real busy. We waited a good while for our food, which was very good. I had the grilled salmon and my wife had the beef stroganoff. They did not bring my wife's side dish, which she had ordered. On the menu, each entrée included one side. Our waiter came back one time, while we were eating to check on drinks. He did bring us a second drink, and straws after I reminded him. The next time we saw him was when he brought the check. At that point he made an offensive comment about how much I'd eaten, which I did not appreciate at all.

I mentioned that my wife did not receive her side dish, and he stated that the menu was mis-printed and her entrée did not come with a side dish. He could have mentioned that when she ordered the side, but said nothing until I asked him about it.

The food was good and the prices reasonable. The atmosphere is 'different' and I personally find it a little sparse/cold not especially comfortable and relaxing.

Overall, I would go again based on the food and the prices, but would hope to have a different server next time.

• Visited August 2013
alabama
“Excellent food !!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The food here was very good. We were there on a Saturday night and our food came fast, which is amazing. Would go back if in the area again.

Visited July 2013
Middle Tennessee
“Parthenon Grille”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

First time at new location and it looks great. Outside setting and bar looked nice. Raw Oysters on half shell were really good & enjoyed by three of our group. All steaks were tender/cooked correctly. Only flaw was some asked for side of in-season veggies and all they got was steamed broccoli. Our server was great!

• Visited June 2013