“Horrible staff. Head professional is a joke.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Indian Hills Golf Course
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Good putting green. Facilities are typical of the area.
Course is wonky, take your money elsewhere.
Unprofessional staff led by incompetent head pro. No short game area. For public golf go to old fort.

1  Thank Jon J

Reviewed April 19, 2014

This course is set near and Indian Village and and along Stones River. Homes surround the course and it would be a good place to live

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Book the tee time through a local agency and not directly through Indian Hills. Well, they treat you like you are a unwelcome guest. I wanted to hit a few balls on their driving range and paid in advance to do so. The sign said no woods so I left my driver and 3 wood in my bag and proceeded to the range. I took out my brand new 5 hybred and the guy comes on the loud speaker and says no woods. I told him it was a hybred and I could hit my 3 iron farther. I was the only one out there too. He said no woods. I wanted my money back and he said he could not refund my money for the range balls. They ask me if I knew how to read and I said a hybred is the same as an iron, not a wood. I told them they were rude and out right wrong and had no common sense. The sign was for woods and even though the tee boxes were up some the fence was still at least 250 yards out or more. I could not hit it over the fence with even my 3 hybred with a 40 mile wind behind me! I said I would never ever play here again. After my round was over I noticed at least 5 other people on the range using their drivers! The tees were still in the same place.

4  Thank Rick P
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Being as I'm a senior golfer, the course played tough because the greens were not great and the rough was TOO rough. I liked the course layout and the price was fair.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I’m writing about my dissatisfaction with the way I was treated by the owner of Indian Hills Golf Course. Not only am I dissatisfied with the way he spoke to me but I also feel he’s developed a bias towards me for reasons explained later in this complaint.

The event occurred today, Saturday August 31, 2013. I had purchased a tee time online for 1:52pm for a single. I arrived at 1:20pm due to outgoing and incoming inclement weather. I knew the course would be slower than usual, and in the past there’s never been a problem with starting early. Especially since I was playing alone. When I asked if I could go ahead and tee off because I was by myself he told me no and that I had to wait the 20 minutes and play with people I don’t know. If the place was busy I completely understand that, but it wasn’t. It was also obvious more inclement weather was on the way. I got the distinct feeling that he was trying to be difficult. I let him know I wasn't happy about waiting or the fact that he was making me play with people I don't know when it was as slow as it was. The only players were a threesome ahead of me. Nobody waiting. Nobody in the parking lot. They had even asked if anyone was behind them. I grudgingly conceded and went to hole one to wait. At approximately 1:45, 20 or so minutes after check-in, nobody has teed off since the threesome, there’s still nobody in sight and by now the thunder and lightning had started. I then went to ask for a rain check, which I've always received in the past, whether I purchased online or not. He said he couldn't do that even with the weather. This is the owner saying this now. I purchased 18 holes, and if I can’t play due to inclement weather he has the authority to write a rain check. He said these were all rules. If they are they aren’t posted and he’s the only one enforcing them. I’ve never had these issues with any of his other employees. I've never had an issue with any other staff member. I contacted the vendor and they said that the course can write a rain check as well and that they couldn't believe he wouldn't. They apologized and insisted I take a discount from them. He did give me my money back, however that came with a “don’t come back.” All very loud and very rude. Not once trying to make his customer happy. This all comes a month or so after our last disagreement where I said I wouldn’t be back due to his treatment. He brought that up today and that’s the reason I believe for my treatment today and him acting biased towards me.

The owner said these were all rules. I didn't ask for anything out of the ordinary. When I say the course was empty, it was empty. Had a few guys in the club house, but they'd been playing all day. The first few holes and the beginning of the back nine I know were empty. That's part of the reason why it was so frustrating. What pace would I had messed up as a single at that particular time? A few weeks ago I had played nine and decided I wanted to play the full eighteen. In the past they charge you the difference. He wanted to charge me more than I would have paid had I originally bought eighteen instead of nine. He was charging me 9 holes twice rather than the difference for eighteen. Come on man. The owner of the club acting like this. Even after I said I'd take my business elsewhere and never come back. Leads me to believe hes looking for a certain clientele. I don't even drink and almost always play alone so it's not like I'm a trouble maker. I'm a professional that doesn't look like one and I almost felt discriminated against.

Middle Tennessee has a lot of good golf courses. If you have a choice I highly recommend playing somewhere else so that you don't have what happened to me happen to you. Other courses you never have issues like this. Never did at this course until new ownership, and even then only when he's at the register. Boycott Indian Hills Golf Course.

6  Thank Kyle W