“Breakfast all day” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Egg and I - CLOSED

The Egg and I
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
McDonough, Georgia
“Breakfast all day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Relatively new restaurant with friendly service and a great breakfast-type menu. Also some lunch items available. Reasonable prices.

• Visited May 2013

Murfreesboro, Tennessee, USA
“Fantastic Breakfast and Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Six different versions of Eggs Benedict served with "ranch" potatoes is an example of their versatility. Whatever ranch potatoes are they are great. Just too many good things on the menu not to want to return again. Had never heard of them until we found this one. They are a chain but thisis the only one in Tennessee. Benedicts, Great Eggs-pectations, Skillits & Hash Specialities, Smarter Choices, Eggs Ole, Omelettes & Frittatas, Pancakes, Waffles & French Toast are just the breakfast categories, not to mention lunch. Biscuits & gravy is super.
Each time I see something else on the menu that I want to try next time.

• Visited March 2013
Murfreesboro, TN
“Wonderful Little Breakfast Spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

The Egg and I is a wonderful addition to Murfreesboro's breakfast spots. They specialize in eggs of all varieties, but they also have great pancakes, french toast and lunch items. Egg and I offers regular and a bold variety of coffee, as well as a regular assortment of drinks. We have eaten at a lot of breakfast spots, both here and while traveling, and Egg and I has the best scrambled eggs, hands down. It is our go-to spot for a great breakfast!

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
“New and a little different”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

The Egg and I-a breakfast and lunch place- is new to Tennessee. A family member visited one in Colorado and liked it so I was interested in checking this one out. I met my sister at 8 A.M. We ordered coffee, hers regular, mine hazelnut, and Eggs Benedict. Hers, the Artichoke Florentine, was $8.99 as was my classic version. The eggs were cooked perfectly, fresh and almost buttery to the taste, the sauce just tangy enough. Both were served with Ranch Potatoes, roasted with seasonings which were quite good. Coffee was served in personal carafes and refreshed as needed, which I appreciated. I was a little surprised that a bit of fruit was not included. The menu offers “Seasonal Fresh Fruit Bowl” as an add-on side for $4.59, which I thought was high. Tip included, our meal cost about $30.00.

The Egg and I isn’t “frou-frou” in any way--no tablecloths and cloth napkins but you do have real dishes and silverware, which is a nicety these days. There is a lot of light, colorful décor and it has a pleasant, easy going atmosphere. There is a small terrace for outdoor dining on the side.

Breakfast lovers have plenty to choose from here. One might suppose it is the brain child of someone who has a love affair with eggs. They really do have a way with them. Still there is a very wide variety to choose from including skillet and hash specialties, omelettes and frittatas, pancakes, waffles and French toasts of several kinds. Typical lunch offerings range from entrée salads to sandwiches and soups. They feature Coke products, do not offer Dr. Pepper, have a variety of iced teas and juices, advertising fresh squeezed.

Our waitress was very attentive; the manager, nice, the facility very clean. I was impressed that they had a designated meeting room which can be reserved at no charge. As a person who has frequently had the job of arranging for groups, I know that is a valuable service. I was also interested to see that there is a bulletin board for neighborhood announcements in the waiting area and flyers about an upcoming book signing. All of this invites community involvement which I think is a good thing.

This restaurant is on the corner of Medical Center Parkway and N. Thompson Lane and sits directly behind Red Robin. It is located in a strip mall in an area called Gateway Corner, which is across from a larger shopping area called The Oaks.

• Visited January 2013