“Great food, friendly service”

The Blue Cactus Cantina
Ranked #10 of 440 Restaurants in Murfreesboro
Cuisines: Southwestern, Cajun & Creole
Description: Blue Cactus Cantina is a fusion of southwest and cajun creole cuisines.
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

We discovered this place because of trip advisor. We are locals as well as a previous comment, but would recommend this, and have taken friends here now as well. The server went out if her way to tell me the ingredients in their amazing cilantro rice. It's not typical Mexican fare. It's great flavors and outstanding food. Be sure to try their peanut butter pie.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

So we tried this place based on Tripadvisor recommendations and it did not disappoint. The restaurant was busy but very short wait. The staff was friendly. Maybe too friendly as the waitress touched me which I am not big fan of (my date wasn't either). Margaritas were good. The food was great. Queso was best ever. Salsa terrific. Menu is Mexican and a lot of pastas with heavy Cajun influence.
Date had a "shrimp" in her guacamole. Weird? Waitress quickly brought out fresh guacamole and comped us dessert. Will return.

Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were looking for something different and decided to check this out based on TripAdvisors rankings. It was a great meal. Started with the queso and it was great. Husband ordered the blackened salmon tacos and I got the Mexican burger. Both were just excellent. Burger was just spicy enough and his tacos were blackened to perfection. Good decision to eat here!

Reviewed February 28, 2014

My family and I went to dinner at the Blue Cactus Cantina based in part on the reviews and in part based on the type of food served there. I'd give them 3.5 stars. I ordered soup, andouille & chicken gumbo, I couldn't wait to try it and maybe that was my undoing. The soup wasn't particularly hot (temperature wise) and it was also rather bland tasting. For dinner I had the Flat Iron steak special and that was very good. Another at the table had a hamburger/fries, both of which were very good as well. Service was good and we had only a short wait for a table for 3.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

My family and I have had great experiences at Blue Cactus. Services has been good and food is good. Great combo. My only complaint would be there is NO changing table in either of the bathrooms. Huge hassle to have to take your child to the car and change a diaper in 20 degree weather. I made the request, but haven't seen a table installed yet. Hopefully this is a gentle reminder :)