The Blue Cactus Cantina
Ranked #10 of 436 Restaurants in Murfreesboro
Cuisines: Southwestern, Cajun & Creole
Description: Blue Cactus Cantina is a fusion of southwest and cajun creole cuisines.
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Wife and I decided we would go to a new restaurant (for us) to celebrate our anniversary. We could not have made a better choice. The staff was very friendly and the food was excellent. It started out great with Cajun Crawfish Bites for an appetizer. Then my wife had the Crimini Mushroom Chicken which she loved and I had the Cowboy Ribeye which was done ( medium rare that is) to perfection. We can't wait to return to try something different on the menu. Don't let the location turn you off, its worth it once you take the first bite.

1  Thank brett6990

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Have had Salmon Tacos and Crawfish and Spinach Enchiladas. Both were excellent. Not your run of the mill standard fare. This guy knows how to cook!! Fresh ingredients, delicious sauces, and fresh herbs. Loved it.

1  Thank dlabm
Reviewed July 5, 2013

The Blue Cactus Cantina is my new favorite restaurant in Murfreesboro. The food is excellent, the service is excellent, and my overall rating is excellent. This restaurant should be number 1 on the list in my opinion. I look forward to my next visit. The only bad thing I can say is the restaurant is in a bad location. A restaurant like this should be in a busier section like closer to the mall or the avenue for example so that more people can experience this restaurant. It is a hidden gem. Thank you Blue Cactus Catina.

2  Thank annie n
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Not you standard fare...excellent. We ate the fried green tomatoes as our app....the best we have ever eaten! The pickled vegetables that come with it make a wonderful compliment to the excellent tomatoes. Bloody Mary Quesadillas were to die for....shrimp and grits we're excellent. Seasonal dessert was fresh strawberry shortcake on homemade sweet buscuit....fabulous!! Local beers were available as well as name brands....very nice to try some new local beers.

Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

I am a local and I visited here with a close friend that had fallen in love with the place. Let me first say I am not one that jumps on the Mexican/Southwestern bandwagon. I will eat it if that's where everyone is goin but its never my suggestion. This place however is the exception. I absolutely loved it. I had the boudin stuffed chicken which came with grits and it was Uh-mazing! I'm not necessarily gonna say its the best place in the boro but the reviewer that said you should try Toot's or Demos' over this place doesn't know what they are talking about. Those places are good but this place is definitely better IMHO.

1  Thank SimpleTraveling