“Great food with amazing prices”

The Blue Cactus Cantina
Ranked #9 of 431 Restaurants in Murfreesboro
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Bar, Mexican, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Blue Cactus Cantina is a fusion of southwest and cajun creole cuisines.
Bonita Springs, Florida
“Great food with amazing prices”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

While driving to Florida we stumbled in by accident and were blown away by the quality of their fish entrees. The prices were unbelievably reasonable for such high quality. Don't be put off by the strip mall location. This restaurant is a gem. We will make sure we visit again on our return trip next week.

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Great new local place”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My father and I decided to try this place out after hearing recommendations from friends and it did not disappoint. The staff was friendly and the place was casual in a pretty classy way. I expected a Mexican restaurant and got something completely better - it's definitely southwestern style food. They have local beer (Mayday) and great food. My only complaint was that my rib-eye was cooked medium well when I asked for medium, but it was still so good that I'm still rating the place 5 stars. The tres leches cake is marvelous as well. They were even so nice that when we had to move tables (because of a large party coming in) they took the appetizer we ordered off our check without us asking for any compensation. Delightful - I'll be back and I'll bring my friends with me.

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Delicious fresh food, great service!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

From the outside, I had guessed it was just another Mexican restaurant. Nope. They had an exciting and diverse menu that they call "Southwest Cajun". I had the Naan Pesto Chicken Sandwich (I think that was the name). Delicious! It was freshly grilled chicken with a cilantro pesto and a lot of fresh veggies on a folded flatbread. My kids had their hearts set on chips and salsa when we walked in the door. No, it wasn't free like the run-of-the-mill Mexican places, but it was WORTH every bit of the $1.75 they charge. Fresh, hot chips and fresh salsa. Fantastic. Our server was extremely helpful and quite friendly, even helping with crayons for my little girl. Oh, and they have local brews too. I am certainly coming back. What a great local, non-chain restaurant!

Tennessee Ridge, Tennessee
“Not what you expect”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

From the outside this place looks like it may be a mexican fast food take-out kind of place but really it is more of a fine dining (casual atmosphere) cajun Southwest fusion. There were 4 of us for dinner and everyone greatly enjoyed their meal. We started with the queso dip $4.95. 2 of the 4 declared it the best queso they had ever eaten. I think it must be the spicy pepper flavor. Between us we had: Boudin Stuffed Chicken $12.95, Cajun Fried Tilapia Tacos $8.95, Bloody Mary Steak Salad $9.95, and a Texas Jalapeno Bacon Burger with 3 potato medley $7.95. Everything was fresh and beautifully presented. The portions did seem small when they first brought them out but no one left hungry. Service was great. Lots of smiles and quick responses. They are very gluten/Celiac aware here. The corn tortillas and chips here are GF along with most if not all of the sauces and the chef is willing to alter the ingredients when possible to accomidate allergies.

• Visited January 2013