“Stuffed! The Food is SO good! Service: Excellent” 4 of 5 stars

Longhorn
Ranked #39 of 396 Restaurants in Murfreesboro
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: 615-890-4187
Detroit, Michigan
“Stuffed! The Food is SO good! Service: Excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Just finished eating here and the food was absolutely wonderful. I had the Napa Grilled Chicken and my husband had the burger with shaved prime rib on it and we both ate SO much! The service (courtesy of a waiter by the name of Christopher) was also awesome. Very happy patrons.

• Visited November 2013

Nashville, Tennessee
“Great Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

The service at Longhorn is excellent. The waiters and other staff are always friendly, the on duty Manager is always stopping to make sure everything is satisfactory. Its very clean and comfortable. The food is always served quickly as well as drinks etc. The bread is always warm and delicious, the salads are average. My family personally loves the Chicken Firestarters and the Homemade chips. The only problem I have with Longhorn is the steaks always seem to be way too salty. I have asked the wait staff before to make sure they are not adding additional seasoning, they assure me they do not, so I have to believe they are being preseasoned prior to shipping to the restaurant. I have to keep my sodium levels down so the steaks are not a good fit for me personally, otherwise i do recommend stopping in for dinner or lunch.

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Cleveland, Tennessee
“Excellent food and great for large groups”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I ate here for a business dinner with seven other people. You normally expect the service to be a little slower with such a large group, but not the case here. Our waitress was very fast and did a great job.

I had the parmesan crusted chicken sandwich with French fries and it was delicious. We also shared a couple of appetizers and the pretzels with cheese dip was the best pretzels I have ever had. Everyone was very satisfied with their food and service.

It is very convenient to the shops as it sits on the main road in front of a huge shopping center.

Smyrna, Tennessee
“1st visit - a lot of cows would have been sacrificed for my dining pleasure had I known before how good it was!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The wife and I had a Sunday afternoon lunch at the Smyrna location with the in-laws. We were seated immediately at an oversized booth that was great. Really like the manly atmosphere of the place – cowboy up. There is a large selection of entrees. The current special – while a good deal – isn’t as good as it appears in the commercial. The steak: 6 ounce sirloin. Good choice of side items. I got the loaded baked potato. It was a small to medium sized potato and had been baked awhile. They advertise it as a three course – salad, entrée w/side and dessert. What the commercial doesn’t tell you is there are only 2 dessert choices. One is about 8 cinnamon dough bites drizzled with raspberry sauce and serve with a small side of the same sauce. They were hot and delicious. The other choice was a peanut butter cup sundae that no one tried.

Everybody got steak. I got the marinated flat iron steak with stuffed portabella mushrooms. Remember, I had never been here and should have asked how it was prepared. “Stuffed” portabella turned out to be sliced with cheese and brown gravy served over the steak. I took the menu suggestion and ordered it medium rare. It WAS good, but I prefer my steak with A1 and it didn’t pair well with the gravy, but the gravy helped bring the baked potato back to life. My wife and her mom got the special and the 6 ounce sirloin that came with it. You could upgrade to a larger steak or a Flo’s filet. She ordered medium, it came medium rare, but she liked it. My mother-in-law got the sirloin cooked well and it was cooked shoe leather – but she was happy with it. They upgraded the side item for $1.59 to the Parmesan Brussels Sprouts. Great flavor, but rich! Oh, and the salads - while generic - were a decent size. The dressings we had - blue cheese and ranch - were excellent.

Father-in-law ordered the 9 ounce Flo’s Filet – Just WOW! Fortunately for me – he had pretty much filled up on salad and bread, so I got about 3 ounces of his mouth-watering, cut with a fork, medium rare steak! He got the baked sweet potato which was large and to his liking.

I have a birthday coming up soon, so I think I may just have myself my own Flo’s Filet! I would recommend Longhorn to anyone – just wish I had tried it sooner.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Came here to meet my family for a birthday dinner. The food was excellent. Everything cooked to perfection. The staff was friending, engaging and caring. The manager came over and talked as well. Love the people here and the food. Good environment. Great drinks (margaritas) as well. We eet in Murfreesbor often as a meeting place/exchange for grandchild exchange. This is a one of my favorite places to eat now. Loved it!