“HORRIBLE!!!”

Ranked #28 of 37 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“HORRIBLE!!!”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I stayed at the Motel 6 with my family for 3 nights and it was absolutely horrible. The staff were worst ive ever seen. I mean flat out rude! As I saw in one of the other reviews the front desk lady had a horrible attitude. awful! The rooms were nice, They had recently been updated.. But the Bed's were just like the staff horrible. Usually I can sleep on any bed and it doesn't bother me , But these beds are the worst I've ever slept on . They are literally hard as a rock. I couldn't fall asleep at night because they were soo horribly hard. They don't have any kind of cover on them to keep bugs out.. Luckily I didn't see any. I couldn't relax with the curtain open on my day off, Because the housekeepers will stand outside your window staring inside. I finally had to shut my curtain and sit in the dark.. It was that bad. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Olivia C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Me and my friend arrived here at 11:45 AM, which was 45 minutes after the time we were told on the phone is the check in time. We were told our room hadn't been cleaned yet, and so we couldn't check in, and to come back at 2:00. We left and spent a few hours at MTAC, then came back at 2 because we didn't like having all of our luggage in our car, in an isolated corner of the parking lot, at a busy convention. They refused to accept my card or my ID and wouldn't explain why, and said I required a spending approval forum- Which I had to have faxed to my roommate, who pretended to be my husband, give him all the info outside on the phone, and then have him fax it back. I had booked a room with two beds, smoking, and was given a room with 1 bed, which they said 'couldn't be changed'. The woman at the front desk barely spoke English, and was generally rude and unpleasant, and would not allow us to wait inside the lobby for this spending approval forum to be faxed for my OWN CARD.

The room itself looked nice- And then we actually examined it. Despite the 4 hour delay to have the room cleaned, the bed had been made with misfitted sheets, resulting in us sleeping on a bare mattress all night, and one of us having to flat out sleep on the floor. The shower has two settings- molten lava or freezing, and it leaks all night long with a constant 'hisssssss'. Walls are paper thin, especially in the bathroom, where I can hear every small movements our neighbor makes.

Room Tip: Run. Run away.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Thomas S

Travelers are raving about these Murfreesboro hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Location is amongst mid range name brands. That is the only positive attribute. The room appears to have been recently redone, but in a low cost "make over" kind of way. It was just a thin (thinnest I've seen) mattress on an open frame flat support (like a table). The room above was kind of busy, perhaps conducting that age old "business". There was a leaking water noise coming from the toilet. Left earlier than planned due to the poor experience. I will not stay here again and would spend more elsewhere next time.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mrfixcit
Sulligent, Alabama
Reviewed March 14, 2014

My family & I stayed here this past weekend. Their was two beds in the room.The first bed had a big stain the the top cover, we didn't look past that. The bed was like sleeping on a rock.Their was a hair in the towel I was fixing to use. The beds didn't even have fit'd sheets. The room we stayed in, the light under the t.v. had to be on for the t.v. to work. The rim around the shower was dirty. The cost for a room like that was $60 dollars. We will never be back!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Angela1985207
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed January 27, 2014

My boyfriend and I were moving from Colorado to Florida. In our trip we booked hotels that were pet-friendly since we had our dog and cat with us. In our stop to Tennessee we reserved this hotel as it said it was pet-friendly. I left a note in our reservation that we were traveling with a dog and a cat. When we arrived to check-in the employee who was at the front seemed upset that we had a dog and a cat with us. In a very rude way he told us that if they get a complaint from other guests we would get kicked out of our hotel. The whole check-in he was just being rude and disrespectful towards my boyfriend and me.

I feel that if a hotel is pet-friendly that is not the way to explain to us their pet policy and treat us the way this employee did. We certainly did not feel welcome, neither our pets. Point being: if you are traveling with pets and are looking for hotels that are pet-friendly and treat your extended family like family, then THIS IS NOT A GOOD PROPERTY TO STAY.
Now, a few pros are that the rooms are updated and look clean. However, the walls are really thin since we heard our neighbors settle in when they arrived. We could hear other guest showering from our room. If you are a light sleeper or are bothered easily by noises THIS IS NOT A GOOD PROPERTY FOR YOU TO STAY. If you are just looking for a room to sleep at a good price, then this property is perfect for you.

If it wasn't for the pet incident, I would have given this hotel a better rating, but priority was my pets and this property certainly did not meet my requirements.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Tania M
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

I have tried getting a room here twice I work nights and she wouldn't let me check in before 2pm then I had my mom book me a room online a couple days later and payed for it online but booked it under my name them she wouldn't book me a room cause she said she hadn't been charged but yet she had so I went down the street to best western

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Neosho, Missouri
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The service is horrible!!! House keeping, doesn't even make the beds daily, took our dirty towels and I had to go to front desk for clean ones. I had to make threats to call the bbb and their corporate office, for then to fix a light, which they didn't do, we changed it our selves. My aunts room, didn't even have mattress, it was a box spring. Every time we went to the front desk we where told, "I just work here" by someone who couldn't hardly speak English. Found two cockroaches in our room. Grossest place to stay, we couldn't find another room due to a soccer tournament going on.

• Stayed August 2013