WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Motel 6 Murfreesboro

Motel 6 Murfreesboro
Ranked #31 of 36 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Chicago, Illinois
“Not as good as it sounds”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Location is amongst mid range name brands. That is the only positive attribute. The room appears to have been recently redone, but in a low cost "make over" kind of way. It was just a thin (thinnest I've seen) mattress on an open frame flat support (like a table). The room above was kind of busy, perhaps conducting that age old "business". There was a leaking water noise coming from the toilet. Left earlier than planned due to the poor experience. I will not stay here again and would spend more elsewhere next time.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mrfixcit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Sulligent, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

My family & I stayed here this past weekend. Their was two beds in the room.The first bed had a big stain the the top cover, we didn't look past that. The bed was like sleeping on a rock.Their was a hair in the towel I was fixing to use. The beds didn't even have fit'd sheets. The room we stayed in, the light under the t.v. had to be on for the t.v. to work. The rim around the shower was dirty. The cost for a room like that was $60 dollars. We will never be back!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Angela1985207

Travelers are raving about these Murfreesboro hotels

Kissimmee, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

My boyfriend and I were moving from Colorado to Florida. In our trip we booked hotels that were pet-friendly since we had our dog and cat with us. In our stop to Tennessee we reserved this hotel as it said it was pet-friendly. I left a note in our reservation that we were traveling with a dog and a cat. When we arrived to check-in the employee who was at the front seemed upset that we had a dog and a cat with us. In a very rude way he told us that if they get a complaint from other guests we would get kicked out of our hotel. The whole check-in he was just being rude and disrespectful towards my boyfriend and me.

I feel that if a hotel is pet-friendly that is not the way to explain to us their pet policy and treat us the way this employee did. We certainly did not feel welcome, neither our pets. Point being: if you are traveling with pets and are looking for hotels that are pet-friendly and treat your extended family like family, then THIS IS NOT A GOOD PROPERTY TO STAY.
Now, a few pros are that the rooms are updated and look clean. However, the walls are really thin since we heard our neighbors settle in when they arrived. We could hear other guest showering from our room. If you are a light sleeper or are bothered easily by noises THIS IS NOT A GOOD PROPERTY FOR YOU TO STAY. If you are just looking for a room to sleep at a good price, then this property is perfect for you.

If it wasn't for the pet incident, I would have given this hotel a better rating, but priority was my pets and this property certainly did not meet my requirements.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank Tania M
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

I have tried getting a room here twice I work nights and she wouldn't let me check in before 2pm then I had my mom book me a room online a couple days later and payed for it online but booked it under my name them she wouldn't book me a room cause she said she hadn't been charged but yet she had so I went down the street to best western

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Neosho, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

The service is horrible!!! House keeping, doesn't even make the beds daily, took our dirty towels and I had to go to front desk for clean ones. I had to make threats to call the bbb and their corporate office, for then to fix a light, which they didn't do, we changed it our selves. My aunts room, didn't even have mattress, it was a box spring. Every time we went to the front desk we where told, "I just work here" by someone who couldn't hardly speak English. Found two cockroaches in our room. Grossest place to stay, we couldn't find another room due to a soccer tournament going on.

• Stayed August 2013
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there on June 26th. After reading reviews I was a little nervous but it ended up good. The rooms have apparently been updated. They were clean, had a comfortable bed. It is very close to the highway but once you closed the doors you have very minimal highway noise. The pool was clean and nice. I will definitely stay there again on my twice yearly trips from Florida to Missouri.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Tmc2007
Savannah, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in June 2013. After a long nights drive, I found this motel 6. The girl at the counter was nice and accommodated me with my request for a ground floor room. Was surprised at the rate which came to 71. Looking at rates afterward it seems high, not sure if there was an event in the area, microtel across street was full.
We entered the room,saw the new updated version of a motel 6 room, with a flat screen tv and wood panel floors. Room was clean. Tv reception was pitiful for local channels. Mattresses were not that comfortable. We were in front and heard no noise outside. Bathroom was clean with plenty of towels. There was a problem with the low flow toilet not flushing well.
Not a bad place, but I would check rates ahead of time before I go there next time

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family