“Disgusting!!!”

Ranked #28 of 37 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Disgusting!!!”
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I stayed at this location nearly a year ago, and I am still disgusted by my experience there. The bed covering smelled of urine and when I went down to the front desk to complain about this, and to ask for a clean blanket, I was told that they didn't have any extras! I did get some clean sheets and used these to cover myself for the night. If it hadn't been midnight when I got to the room, I would have left. I couldn't wait to get up and out of there the next day. My departing gift was to awaken to see 2 roaches crawling across the floor!

Looking back now, I should have packed up my stuff and left. Please don't stay here! I will never try to go cheap again...and I will never stay at another Motel 6!

Room Tip: Don't stay here! I wouldn't think that any room was worth it!
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Van Buren, Arkansas
Reviewed September 8, 2011

My husband and I stayed here on 9-4-11 and boy do we wish we would have paid a little extra and stayed down the street! We got a standard room (2 full size beds) for $55 (one night.) We opened the door to our Non Smoking room and noticed two things right off: It was hot as hell and second it smelled of stale smoke. I turned the AC on (which is pratically ON one of the beds because the bed is so close to the wall) and it had a bad "rattle" to it. I went to the bathroom to find the toilet running. I jiggled the handle a couple times but no such luck. Laid down to find the bed hard as a rock. We had to hunt for the TV remote. It was very difficult to sleep on "the rock" listening to the AC and the toilet taking turns making noise. Think next time we'll just sleep in the car!

• Stayed September 2011

Travelers are raving about these Murfreesboro hotels

Seymour, Indiana
Reviewed August 6, 2011

A friend and I stayed there a couple of nights when we were doing volunteer work at Stones River National Battlefield.
OK room for a couple of guys on the road without the wives.
Very basic room. No clock, hairdryer, or coffee makers in the rooms. Remote for the TV did not work even after I installed a couple of my own batteries.
Room was clean enough though there was a twist off beer cap that was visible under the sink that was there when we arrived and was there when we left.
Bedding appeared to be clean and fresh though my buddy discovered he only had one sheet on the bed. Manager did not believe us until he brought an extra sheet to the room.
If you want a very basic crash pad this is it though when we go back next year we will probably spend a few bucks more and stay at one of the other nearby motels.
The pool area did look clean and well maintained.
As a whole the inn could use some overall upkeep .

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Middleburg, Florida
Reviewed July 4, 2011

The location and service were great. However, this place needs a LOT of help. Our room smelled dank, the carpet was horrible, and the window sill and air conditioning unit looked like they hadn't been cleaned in years. With two kids travelling, I would NEVER put them in this place again.

• Stayed June 2011
Humboldt, TN
Reviewed June 4, 2011

My family stopped here at about 2:00 in the morning to get a few hours of sleep before continuing on our trip. I was so tired that I didn't spend much time inspecting the room. The room was very small. It had two double beds; one was against the window/air conditioner and the people in that bed froze. The other bed was against the other wall. There was a small space between them. That was the size of the room. There was a tv on a table. The bathroom was ok. The stand up shower looked brand new and was probably the best part about the room. The toilet looked dirty. Anyway, this is a cheap hotel . . . very cheap in every way. We got some sleep and a shower and were on our way. If I were coming through this area again during the wee hours of the morning and needed to crash, I'd probably stay here again, but I would not stay here for any other purpose.

Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank TennesseeTeacher
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 14, 2011

We stayed at this motel because it was cheap and we were not going to be in the room except to sleep n shower. we were in town for the bonnarooo music festival and if you are fimiliar with the music festival you can imagine how dirty we all were at the end of the night. the room we stayed in was infested with flys and both beds we stained with blood. there was food in the air conditioning unit and blood splattered on the walls. we complained about the room but they did nothing to fix our problem except give us a one night coupon for a future stay at a motel 6. it is not almost a year later and we are still disgusted by the thought of that room. Bonnaroo season is around the corner and we will NOT be staying anywhere near this hell hole.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank greenfairy1001
Chicago
Reviewed January 27, 2011

I realize the name "motel 6" doesn't bring to mind images of a five-star hotel, but this place was disgusting. The only reason I didn't walk out is because I was traveling with my cat and I didn't want to search and search for a pet friendly hotel. I refused to set foot in the shower. It was filthy. I firmly believe that I would have found myself dirtier AFTER using that shower! The sheets did not appear to have been changed. Just nasty. I slept with my clothes on and covered the pillow with one of my t-shirts so that I didn't have to rest my head on that filth. The property itself was a dump as well. For a few extra dollars there are far better options in the area. Heck, just sleep in your car if you need to save money.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business