“Good Brunch...”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Nashville, Tennessee
“Good Brunch...”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

A party of 7 of us went to Mimi's for brunch... we called ahead to reserve seating and our table was ready when we walked in the door. We were greeted quickly with coffee and drinks, the server gave us great recommendations and our food was delivered hot and all 7 of us received our orders at the same time. There was not a single complaint from anyone at our table (which is rare if you know my mother) and we even ordered extra muffins to take home. I didn't order them myself but everyone raved about the potatoes as well as the cinnamon rolls. The place seemed clean, orderly and efficient - the service was excellent and the food was good. I don't know what more you could ask for - besides 'free'. There are SOOOO many restaurants in Murfreesboro that I don't know if this is someplace I'd return for dinner but it was certainly lovely for brunch. The one and only drawback was the noise level. it seemed unusually loud. just as a guideline our bill for 7 people - who all like to eat - was roughly 100$ before tip.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank terptravels

Nashville, TN
“Not everybody's cup of tea!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

They have updated to almost a bistro, the food is still good, we always get great service and it is still one of our favorite places to eat. They have a good wine list and suggest what wine to use with what meal. It is child friendly but not geared toward children like some restaurants and they still call turkey and dressing just that "turkey and dressing". Which by the way is very good. I still think you should give it a try if you haven't. It isn't gourmet just good food.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank ladybet
“Great restaurant ”
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here because it's my mom's favorite place in M-boro. Food was delicious and interior of the restaurant was cool. Would definitely recommend!

1 Thank Meagan A
Tennesee
“not to good”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

The food was not fresh it seemed to be heated up. It was dark and the booths and carpet,walls ect. seemed to not be the cleanest.

Visited April 2014
“Funky new menu and funky service”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

A party of 5, 2 kids and 3 adults, went to dinner tonight expecting the old Mimi's Cafe and were very disappointed by the changes that have been made. I found their "french inspired" menu to be a joke, I almost got up and left but my family was hungry and decided to suck it up. Our drink orders were taken care of right away but it took 20 minutes for anyone to come around for an appetizer order. I was so unhappy with the menu that I came very close to just ordering a small salad from the app menu and just hitting a drive through afterward. THE FOOD: We got the $7 artisan Brie appetizer to start....laughable....the serving was barely enough for one person. Followed by a kids corn dog meal which was average, a kids salad with fruit, tomato basil soup and fries. The soup was good, the fries were average, the fruit was ok, the salad looked good but my daughter was not happy that the ranch that used to be homemade now tasted like something from a bottle and ended up not eating it. From the adult menu we got the Chicken Parmesan, Pasta Carbonara à la Mimi’s with a cup of lobster bisque and a Le Burger de Madame (a fancy way of saying bacon cheeseburger) with tomato basil soup. The pasta dishes were both dry, chicken parm was bland, the burger was just average and tasted like a frozen burger, and the lobster bisque was decent. My husband said the pasta carb had better flavor than the chicken parm. THE SERVICE: We asked for our soups to come out before the rest of the food and it did but only after waiting and waiting and waiting and finally flagging down a manager to get it for us. Our meals came out right after we got our soup....ugh. Oh and it took a little over an hour to get our food...good thing we ordered that appetizer for one, haha. They also give you bread to eat if you want to fill up on carbs while you wait, not a problem at most places but most places get your food out in a timely manner. Two baskets of bread later and you're wishing you had ordered that appetizer salad. Small thing but they refilled my drink with the wrong thing. I felt bad for the manager who basically had to take over our table as our server was overwhelmed though I couldn't figure out why...maybe she was new. In and out in 2 hours, crappy new menu, crappy service, not going to be returning any time soon or ever if the menu stays as it is. BOOOOOOO!

• Visited March 2014