“Good Food Great people”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
IL
“Good Food Great people”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Our waitress (Cassidy) went out of her way to make us feel welcome. She even wrote down directions to our Hotel when we asked how to get there. The bread pudding was excellent. My husband and I fought over it. The breads that were served was very good. Cassidy even brought us 2 big muffins packaged to take with us free. We ate the muffins for breakfast the next morning. They were very good. We would eat here often if it was near us! When we drove to our Hotel we were both smiling and our pants were a little snug!

• Visited April 2013

Murfreesboro, Tn
“On the downhill slide”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We were faithful MiMi's breakfast patrons for a long time. It seems like they have really rested on their reputation as of late. The last few times we have been it has been disappointing. I would go back if someone else were paying.

Visited January 2013
“Overrated”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We decided to try Mimi's last year after hearing such great things about it. I ordered a Cajun pasta and my husband ordered a gumbo. Both were very disappointing. They were huge portions, but very lacking in flavor. We didn't even bother taking home out leftovers. However, since it was our first time eating there, they have us a large container of free muffins which were delicious. Overall the staff and service was great, the food, not so much.

• Visited May 2012
Smyrna, Tennessee
“Mimi's (manly man strike 1) Cafe (manly man strike 2), but...”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I remember the first time my wife convinced me to go here. I asked her to give me enough time to grow a full beard and a chance to dye my hair. Those steps, coupled with sunglasses and a ball cap, none my manly friends could say they heard I was seen there. If they recognized her, I could say it wasn't me and that she must be cheating on me. It's difficult to say "Mimi's Cafe" without saying it softly...MeeeMeee's Caffffaayyyy. It's not like "Longhorn Steaks" - There's testosterone in that title!

Well we went. The next day, I shaved the beard, left the sunglasses in the car and let my hair go back natural. Still wear the ball cap to hide the roots. Don't care what they think - the food here is great. The muffins here are great. The selections here are great! I even joined their eClub. If there is one thing better than great food - it's great food at a discount! You get emailed club member only coupons quite often. Plus when you join, you get a coupon for a free 4 pack of their muffins. I even took just my two daughters here for Valentine's Day a few years back.

I always, always, always prefer a booth. My wife and I still sit on the same side (say ahhh, that's so sweet). Nah, it just makes it easier to sample her plate. Just kidding, we always have, always will. They are crowded when most good restaurants are crowded so expect a wait on weekend nights and dinner hour during the week - worth it though. I am fairly certain they have call ahead seating. Oh, they also serve breakfast that I have yet to try - but I plan on it.

So guys - put on your best shirt - preferrably ironed - make sure your jeans are clean and take her! It is French cuisine, so a sport coat is required...gotcha! Just try not to belch at the table and enjoy!

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank room121
“always fresh food”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I love Mimi's and look for them when I travel. The atmosphere always lends to a perfect meal, but the food and service at Mimi's makes me think they've trained their people to put the customer first

Visited April 2012