“Not the best and not the worst either.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Murfreesboro Extended Stay Hotel

Murfreesboro Extended Stay Hotel
Ranked #31 of 34 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Not the best and not the worst either.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

The location and price of the hotel you really can't complain about.
The receptionist "Bonnie" is the only one I have found to be knowledgeable of customer service. Thanks Bonnie for doing a good job and at least communicating with the guests unlike other staff.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Karen H, Manager at Murfreesboro Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Good afternoon,

Please allow me to thank you for taking the time to complete our survey regarding your recent stay. I understand your busy schedule, and truly appreciate your feedback regarding our hotel and services provided. I am pleased to see that we were able to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.

I will most definitely be sharing your comments with our Team.

On a lighter note, I was pleased to see that, overall, you seemed to be satisfied with your stay. I would, however, like to ask if there is anything further we may be able to do to make your next stay even more satisfying...dare I say "Completely Satisfied"? We are always open to suggestions that might allow us to provide an even better product with even better service.

Again, thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. We truly appreciate your business and hope that wherever your travels may take you, we will be your first choice for all of your lodging needs. If I may be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Memphis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Let me first start by saying that I am not at all concerned about cute furnishings or updated appearances. This place has way more problems! There was a terrible smell in the lobby and the halls. My room wasn't as bad, but still funky. There was a fungus growing in the bottom of the toilet. The towels smelled like smoke so I didn't want to use it on my hair. There were short black hairs in the bed which are clearly not mine as I am a redhead. Both of the blankets on the bed were dirty. I'm so thankful that I brought my own pillow or I would have been going to buy one! I immediately called around finding another hotel for the remainder of my trip. I could not check out fast enough in the morning!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kristen W
Memphis, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We traveled over 200+ miles to get to this hotel. We arrived at 7:00p.m.. We booked this trip through expedia. The ratings weren't bad on expedia. When we arrived we noticed that many people had their windows up in this motel. That sent up one red flag. We checked in with no problem, We proceeded to our room on the second floor. When we stepped off the elevator, the scent from the hallway was horrible. The hallway smelled terrible. That was red flag number 2. We were tired and we used the key card to open the door. When we opened the door, we could not believe our eyes. The room was totally trashed. There was paper and trash all over the floor. Someone left an open package of raman noodles on the table. We were floored. Why would the clerk allow any on,, man or beast, to inhabit this room. More importantly, why was room not checked by the motel staff, before allowing anyone to enter this asylum. This place was a dump. Don't let the exterior fool you. We gathered our luggage and went back to the front desk. All we got were excuses The front desk clerk stated that the cleaning lady was supposed to clean it. She stated that the cleaning lady was gone and didn't know when she would be back tomorrow. She then stated that she had a smoking room. When we booked, through expedia , we requested a non smoking room. Would you trust these people, after entering a room that was totally disgusting and trashed? We called expedia and spent hours on the phone trying to find a different hotel. There was a CMA festival in Nashville, and we had a hard time finding a room. To add insult to injury, the "good" folks at Crestwood Suites did not want to issue a refund. The desk clerk acted as if she didn't care. We found a hotel down the street the Clarion Inn that was much nicer, cleaner, and even had a free buffet breakfast. The only problem was we had to spend an extra $200 bucks out of our pockets to get this hotel. Buyer Beware! Do not book with Crestwood Suites. It is an extended stay motel and. It is a dump that is not fit for man or beast! Expedia should be ashamed of itself for allowing "the bates motel" to advertise on its website. We are in the process of trying to get our money back from this hotel! I will never book another hotel through expedia!

Room Tip: Don't book any rooms from this hotel! Stay away!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank Prospirus1
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

This is a moderate hotel that could use some upgrading. The staff are not available after 9 pm so if you have problems there is no one to help you. The halls do smell but the room was clean. Basic amenities. The bed was quite springy. Very reasonable rate ( the cheapest place we found). A 1/2 hour drive to Nashville but close to shopping, eating etc. if you have a tight and your needs are basic, this is the place

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Brandon, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

After driving 14 hours we got here. Loby and room smelled. But the worst was at midnight... SOMEONE SWIPED THEIR CARD AND GOT INTO OUR ROOM! That's right. Someone I didn't know swiped their own key card and entered our room. The next day I told the front desk and they Totlly didn't care. Just... Sorry the girl last night was really busy and must have given out the worg card. WOW! I've stayed at better places in south east Asia than this. The sinks in the bathroom were rusted and it we just run down. Please go somewhere safer and cleaner.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank RalphA2569
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I was in the middle of a transition and needed to stay here for a week or more. I chose this place because of the kitchenette it had and the weekly rate. At first, I was relieved to find a place during a very busy weekend and all the hotels were booked... but then they stuck me in a smoking room and I really didn't feel like moving all of my things within a few days of being there into a non-smoking room. So needless to say all of my things smelled like smoke by the time I moved out. The walls were so paper thin I could hear all of the conversations the people beside me had... even their arguments, which is not ideal if you have children. Everytime the wind blew you could hear it whistling through the cracks of the windows. It didn't look like it was cleaned very well when we first checked in and I didn't recieve housekeeping the whole time I was there. The beds were very hard and uncomfortable and woke up every couple of hours because of the discomfort. There wasn't many amenities that this place offered and I couldn't wait to get out. Since there was a no refund policy I had to stick it out for the whole week, until I could find another hotel. I would not recommend this place to anybody!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank ESupermom04
Riverton, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

This is an older hotel and the room was well maintained as well as the grounds. The staff was pleasant and tried to be helpful. I would suggest the adding the ability-access for guests to print boarding passes. I was apprehensive, before I saw my room because the carpets in the halls despirately need cleaning. The room was very quiet, especially considering there were a number of families in residence.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family