“They've Raised the Bar for B&B's!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Murfreesboro
The Manor at Twin Oaks Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Murfreesboro B&B and Inns
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
“They've Raised the Bar for B&B's!”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

We have stayed in several B&B's over our 21 years of marriage, and this one ranks in the top 2. (Maybe even #1). As many of you probably know, some B&B's are very misleading on their websites as to how nice their places are. It's amazing how deceptive pictures can be. But, the Manor at Twin Oaks far exceeded our expectations. We have had some bad experiences in our past couple B&B stays, so we have become a little gun-shy. But hope springs eternal and I, once again, booked my wife and I to stay at the Manor for a little weekend getaway. Wow, have they got it right. Cindy and Doyle are wonderful hosts who go out of their way to make you feel at home. And what a home it is! The story of how they acquired and moved (yes, moved) this beautiful home is almost worth the visit in itself. Every room is beautifully decorated. Although the Sundown room would not be to my taste, I would feel perfectly fine in any of the other 5 rooms. We stayed in the Shangri-La room, which was very comfortable and very romantic. The beds and bedding are incredibly comfortable. To the point that my wife wanted to buy their sheets. The bathrooms are not huge, but they are very well done with high quality fixtures. But, what really stood out to us were all the little touches. When we arrived in our room, there was a personalized note to us on the bed. While we were out at dinner, they turned down our bed and left chocolates and cookies in our room. The breakfast was very elegant and served on fine china and silver. We felt like we were in a fine dining establishment or cruise. Our whole experience was very positive and we are already planning our return visit.

Room Tip: Sundown Room is the smallest, with an Old West theme. If that is to your taste, you would like it...
1 Thank Jim M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Spring Hill, Tennessee
Reviewed January 9, 2012

My husband surprised me with a night stay at The Manor as a Christmas gift. He knew I needed a break from the every day hustle and bustle. I was excited just to spend time togethrer but when we got to the Manor I was stunned at how beautiful it was. The owners Cindy and Doyle Boyd made us feel so welcome. I cannot say enough about how sweet and accomadating they were Cindy even mapquested and printed directions for us. Breafast was amazing..french toast that was soaked over night, homemade pumpkin bread just to name a few. There are chadeliers and amazing decor throughout the home. This was true elegance tucked away on 100 acres but only a few miles from the city. I would recommend The Manor for whatever occasion, even if your just traveling through and need a place to sleep, you will NOT be dissapointed! This is southern hospitality at it's finest!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Sundown room, but all the rooms are sure to impress.
1 Thank Mandy M
Gallatin, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I was so amazed by The Manor at Twin Oaks!! My husband and I were looking for some place close to get away for one night so that we could celebrate our 16th Anniversary! We came across this place on-line and we just thought this was the one we should go to. Not only was it better than what we expected (and remember we saw pics on-line), it was amazing!! It sits on 100 acres of beautiful nature, so the views out of your window are gorgeous. When we arrived we were greeted by the nicest couple, Doyle and Cindy Boyd! They are just the sweetest people you will ever meet. Breakfast was amazing as well! I would strongly recommend this place to anyone! And if you're worried about restaurants and shopping, don't! Murfreesboro has all of that too!!

Room Tip: Shangri La is my favorite room!!! A couple of the rooms had large bay windows, but all of the rooms...
1 Thank haberm04
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 9, 2011

My wife and I had been planning our great American road trip for around six months. Not knowing if we would ever get the chance to return to America, we wanted to make every stay memorable. On our first leg, over a few days, we drove from Chicago to Nashville.

We found our special accommodation, The Manor at Twin Oaks Bed and Breakfast in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. We had booked this accommodation over the internet, after an exhaustive search of premium B&B’s around Nashville.

The B&B is owned by two of the friendliest people you are ever likely to come across, Cindy and Doyle. Their hospitality is unbelievable, we spent the evening with them and their invited friends, and although we were all the way from Australia, they treated us like family. We only had heard about the southern friendliness, but to experience it is something special. We still remember fondly the time we spent with them. They feature heavily in our photographic slideshow.

Their B&B, situated in beautiful surroundings, is immaculately kept. We stayed in the Southern Nights room and thoroughly enjoyed the stay. We wish we could have stayed longer.

The breakfast, next morning was just delicious.

Murfreesboro is a town well worth visiting, we were absolutely amazed. My wife just loved the American house and garden architecture.

If you are ever in the area of Murfreesboro, you must book a stay at The Manor at Twin Oaks, you will not be disappointed.

Joe and Beryl
Melbourne, Australia

Room Tip: We had a chance to view most rooms, you can't go wrong.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Germantown, Tennessee
Reviewed November 15, 2011

How often are your expectations exceeded? My husband and I were looking forward to our stay at The Manor, but we had no idea what a "jewel" we had found. From the warm greeting, to the excellent accomodations, to the delicious breakfast...everything was a delight. We enjoyed learning about the history of The Manor from the Boyds. We felt as if we were honored guests in their lovely home. I look forward to visiting again and again. The Manor at Twin Oaks is where hospitality and excellence combine!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Imperial, Missouri
Reviewed October 13, 2011

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary at The Manor. WOW! what a surprise we had. The Manor is beautiful and makes you feel you are at home away from home. Cindy and Doyle are so very warm and friendly, we did not want to leave. The evenings and mornings were frequented by a doe and her twin fawns, grazing and walking through the fields while we watched from the back veranda. You could not ask for a more serene setting. We will be back again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Gallatin, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Beautiful, relaxing, quiet, amazing food, precious, precious deer in back of property, huge back porch with swings, rocking chairs, ferns galore! If any of this appeals to you, you need to stay at the Manor. Also, even though the Manor is secluded, it's minutes from movie theaters, restaurants, shopping and much more in Murfreesboro.

Doyle and Cindy are as genuine and friendly as they come, not to mention they are VERY attentive to the needs of their guests, yet they manage to cater to you without being intrusive.

When we awoke on Sunday morning the ENTIRE house was filled with the delicious aroma of Cindy's signature Orange French Toast, and it's a BIG house!! I also liked how you got to fill out a breakfast menu of what you preferred, whether you want apple juice, orange juice, tomato juice, etc..You also got to order one piece of french toast or three! I'm convinced that Doyle went shopping that night after all the menus were filled out! I saw him coming in the back door late Saturday night. Now, if that isn't CATERING to your guests, I don't know what is? You also got to choose your breakfast time within a time block. When we got downstairs, we had yummy breakfast "appetizers" like fresh made breads, fruit, and scones, along with homemade butters and jams. After a short time, here came our french toast right off of the skillet.

Four of the six rooms were occupied when we were there, yet we heard NOTHING of the other guests, no TV's, no conversation, it was like we were the only ones there. We stay at B&B's 6+ times a year and there are many I would recommend. However, this is the closest one to my home and I feel that I have found Rutherford County's "Best Kept Secret". You will NOT be disappointed with your stay, believe me!! I WILL GO BACK..........SOON I hope!! I'm thinking a girls shopping weekend before Christmas at the Avenue!

Also, if you are a MTSU alum OR if you have children at MTSU you are given a discount. There is also a sale right now on B&B gift cards, what better time to try it out?? You can COMBINE both offers and save up to 20%. Couples, you deserve to get away. Ladies, if your not a couple or your spouse says it's not his "cup of tea" leave him at home and call a girlfriend!!

Thank you Doyle and Cindy, your property is amazing! The guest book in our room said that one of your favorite quotes is "Life isn't determined by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away". Well, the Manor did that for me. My breath was taken away as I drove up onto the property from the driveway, and again as I enjoyed my morning coffee on your back porch. Your property is breathtaking!!

See you soon,