“Hibatchi”

Dining options: Reservations
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Hibatchi”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Took the family to habatchi (we usually just eat off menu), but the show they put on was fantastic. The kids were amazed at it and they took the extra time to do kid friendly tricks. (made a volcano with onions, then made it a smoking train and turned the chicken strips into caterpillars.)

My picky son wouldn't finish his food because he said it was the best steak he had ever had in his life. He was too busy singing its praises to finish. I think we heard about it for 2 days.

Visited July 2013

“Always Good”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I work very near this restaurant and have been MANY times both eat-in and to-go. I've never had a bad experience, ever. Honest. I've been in the evenings for dinner with my husband, girlfriends and also twice with large family parties. The sushi is THE BEST in Nashville, hands down. I will admit the time between the order being placed and getting the food is longer than average but not crazy long, at least not during my visits. We had a large family party of people in from another country and were very graciously given a private dining room and a huge complimentary tray of sushi and hot tea for the table of 10 to share while we waited for our orders. We were blown away by the effort and care the server showed the elderly family members in our party and touched that she made special conversation with them. That is the sort of experience that makes customers for life.
We always tip 25-30% if the service is good and in my opinion it generally is, here. I say give it a shot, I've been at least 12 times in all different instances... and the food is very good and so has been the service. Of course now that I write this I'll have jinxed myself and my next visit will be the opposite! (I will say this: if you are looking for authentic Chinese - this is not the place. They will not make anything not listed on the menu which is rare for a privately owned Chinese restaurant when serving Chinese customers who are looking for something familiar.)

• Visited June 2013
Mt Prospect, IL
“Great asian food in the middle of Tennesee”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We visited this establishment late on Saturday Night. We waited for a while to get a server, and when our hostess, Sonja, saw there was an issue, she stepped in and took care of us personally. Great dressing on the salad, my lo-mein was excellent, and the Sapporo was cold and delicious. My wife also enjoyed the pork dumplings. The sauce is homemade with a secret family receipe. We will come again!

• Visited May 2013
Cartersville, Georgia
“Great Chinese Food!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I saw other reviews saying the service was not very good at this place. However it was right beside the hotel I was staying at so I went ahead and tried it for myself. I think most of the bad services posted was for large parties that visited. My experience was very good for a party of two. We were seated in the dinning area instead of the hibachi section.

They have a good Chinese food selection and I had the sesame chicken which was so good! I actually ordered some again to go before hitting the road the next afternoon.

Visited May 2013
“Never never again”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I never thought id want to right a reveiw but save yourself from this place!! Worst service ever !! We were there Saturday night we had a birthday party ,i was so imbarressed!! And our server melenie was the worst!! If ive ever seen a server on drugs this is it!! Our hibachi took over an hour to start and serveral people in our party never even got a reorder of our Sushi We just gave up after 2 hours of being there.We askes for the manger never saw one . Then she brought our Checks and alot of us put cash it the book and walked out..Before we left , a few of the people in our party notice she put gratuity on the check!! I could not believe it!!! A few of us that paid cash asked for our receits to find out just how much we tipped for this horrible service only to see there was also a 12.00$$ discount taken that said coupon.when i asked what this was Melanie the "server" said she would find out And we never saw her again after 10 mins of waiting we left..So after the horrible service Two hours of bad food bad Sushi we were gratted and made to tip for bad servie and not told !! THEN some how she managed to get 12.00$ more from us!!! Never,never again!!!!! This resturant is very mismanaged and very unperfessional..worse night ever..

• Visited April 2013