“Still A Good Mall”
Review of Stones River Mall

Stones River Mall
Ranked #19 of 53 things to do in Murfreesboro
Reviewed August 28, 2016 via mobile

Stones River Mall in Murfreesboro is an older mall but it still has some very good stores. Anchor stores include Dillard's, Sears, and JCPenney. They have many other stores including a Bath & Body Works, Zales, and GNC. They also have a Chuck E. Cheese inside the mall, as well. Many restaurants are located in the parking lot of or around the mall. I prefer The Avenue to Stones River Mall but this is still a good mall.

Reviewed August 11, 2016

Yesterday the play area was "closed for cleaning" during normal hours, yet no one was cleaning it. We went back today, and all the kids were playing so well together. The mall manager came out with 3 security guards as backup and yelled at us repeated that the parents "need to get their kids noise levels under control" while she waived her walkie-talkie in threatening ways toward us. About 5 minutes later, young officer Fitzgerald came and rudely and abrutly instructed everyone to get out of the play area so they could clean it. This was at 4pm during normal hours of operation. He confirmed it was due to noise complaints and told us which stores complained. Jewell Rush, Cool Shades kiosk, and Vanity were the complaintants. During the entire time we were there, these businesses had no customers. We asked to speak to the manager, and she escalated her arguements. She also implied that my 6 year old was not a toddler and had no business being in the area, when the rules clearly state it is for children not exceeding 42" in height (he is well within guidelines). She made my children feel wrong for playing and belittled them. I WAS a paying customer, but I will no longer spend my money at this place of business. I will be filing a formal complaint with management, mall ownership, and contacting media outlets as other reviews show that this happens often. I will not let my children, nor any other children, be bullied for playing in a public play area.

Reviewed July 27, 2016 via mobile

Regular mall. It's always clean and very quiet. Never very many people around. Food court is always clean.

Reviewed June 27, 2016

Actually, I was a little disappointed. I had read that there were a lot of quaint little shops in addition to regular clothing stores. I never found the quaint shops! however, there is an excellent area for the children to play. It is a huge area with all kinds of small climbing things, e.g. Animals, bridges.. . just real fun things. The kids I watched absolutely loved it. There is a good seating area for parents to watch them. The kids are in a small arena-type area, but not so large to be dangerous from strangers. Probably there is something for everyone at the mall,must not for me!