“Nice upgrade from Front Porch days”

Goodness Gracious Catering & Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Nashville
“Nice upgrade from Front Porch days”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I had lunch here with my mom yesterday, and it was delightful. I only recently became aware that this place was no longer The Front Porch, which I used to enjoy, and was curious to try it. The new landscaping and re-decorating was impressive, as was the new menu. It was nice to be able to order from all three sections--breakfast, brunch and lunch. So many delicious-sounding choices! I ordered the chocolate banana crepes with a side of fresh fruit, and my mom had the Monte Cristo sandwich with a side of strawberry pretzel salad. We shared everything, and all was delicious. Good coffee, too! I hope to return often.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank GeorgiaGail

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Family Friendly and always smiling!”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I found this place on yelp.com and decided to try it with my sister an niece today (Saturday). To say the least, I will be coming back! The young gentleman at the counter was so polite and cheerful. He took us to our table and our server was there in less than a minute taking our drink order and greeting us. She never stopped smiling and helped us decide what to eat quickly and easily. We were there around lunch, so it was busy. My niece is 3 and 1/2 years old, and Everytime the waitress came she went crazy and laughed and smiled at her. She has never been like that! It was nice to see so many young people there. I will definitely be asking for Kirstin again!

Making a reservation probably would have been a good idea since we had my niece with us, but the wait wasn't terrible. Try the iced strawberries! They are outstanding!

1 Thank LovelyLorr
Spencer, Indiana
“Good Food; Great Service and Setting”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I visited this restaurant with my brother who had just eaten there with his wife the week before. It is in a old Victorian House close to downtown Murfreesboro. It looked just like the other Victorian homes in the area, and he drove right by it the first time.

Our visit was on a Saturday about an hour before the 2 PM closing time. We didn''t have a reservation and almost every table was full. There was a beautiful tray of desserts for us to ponder while we waited to be seated, and it wasn't nearly enough time to make a decision.

The service was great. We were seated quickly. Our food came quickly in hearty portions. In fact, we both took home a substantial amount of food. And I can highly recommend the almond tea that was refilled time after time before the glass ever became empty. My main course was quiche with a salad and potatoes. I liked the potatoes best. But I was really holding out for the desserts!

After we finished our meal, the waitress brought over the tray of desserts. I chose the red velvet cake and my brother the Snickers cake. Although the cake was good, it wasn't as great as it looked. Mine was on the dry side, perhaps it had set out too long. And the chocolate topping on my brother's cake was so hard that one either had to cut it with a knife or break it with a fork.

I felt the prices were very reasonable for the quality and quantity of food we received. And I would absolutely return to this restaurant, but I would spend more time enjoying my meal and less time anticipating the luscious-looking desserts.

• Visited June 2012
Riverdale, New York
“WOW!!!”
Reviewed May 26, 2012

This place is perfect for ladies who lunch or anyone who likes food so good you will exclaim "Goodness Gracious!" after your first bite! A real treat in an adorable setting!!

Visited May 2012
Nashville. TN
“Cool trendy "ladies lunch" place”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Fruit tea, the food is always imaginative and delicious.

Visited April 2012