“Great Mexican Food”

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Mexican Food”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My wife and I eat here as a treat to ourselves about once/month. We love the chips, salsa, tortillas are the best, and I personally like the 'pyscho wine,' although drinks are way too expensive, that is the one downer we have with this rest.

Visited February 2014

Nashville, Tennessee
“So glad a Texas staple has found our area”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We often visit Chuy's in Murfreesboro on weekends for lunch. Having been introduced to the original in Austin a few years ago, it is a joy that we can get it in Tennessee as well. Having a very bright and cheery décor, the menu items seem more delicious. No matter what you choose for your main course, additions that are a must include what we call "liquid gold" dip and a draft of May Day beer (local craft brewery). Staff is very cheery, attentive, and helpful with suggestions.

• Visited February 2014
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Outstanding, Fresh Tex Mex and Gluten free menu”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We went to Chuys in Murfreesboro and were pleasantly surprised at how wonderful everything was for us.

Samantha, GM, greeted us and was soooo personably. She is a fantastic GM.
We met Arturo, the kitchen manager, and he was super--more later.
Giselle was our server and she did an outstanding job. All our needs were met by her. She was knowledgeable, friendly, and efficient.
Brad the bartender is the master of drink making. Super fine.
Drew and Nick helped with sauce tastings--again, friendly and knowledgeable.
William our busser was quick in clearing away dishes.

This was our first visit to Chuys.
O my gosh--the gluten free items are absolutely fantastic!!!!!!
Fresh and delicious. Thanks Arturo.
My husband said the "Elvis Presley" was outstanding

The beverages were all so tasty--light and good.

The entire experience was the best ever.

I want to compliment Samantha and her entire staff for taking care of us.

Summary of this place-the atmosphere is sooo friendly, the employees seem to care that everything is great, and the food is perfection.

Restaurants are what their GM is and Samantha has set the tone for nothing but excellence.

Again, thanks for the gluten free menu...wonderful.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank dee dee l
Nashville, Tennessee
“EXcellent food and service!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

While my family has never really been huge fans of Mexican food we found that Chuys is definitely the exception. One of the best things besides the food is the service. We were told there was a 20 minute wait upon arriving. I find that most restaurants will really mean 30 minutes if they say 20 however we were promptly seated after only a 15 minute wait. Our waitress immediately brought us fresh chips and salsa..(and I do mean fresh!). After learning it was our first time there she suggested a "sauce tour" to familiarize us with the different salsas and sauces that by the way, are made fresh right there. Everything we ordered was delicious! When our drinks were brought to the table we were also brought water with lemon (something most restaurants fail to do today). Our waitress was perfect! Not too bothersome however making sure we had everything we needed/wanted. Will definitely visit again!

• Visited December 2013
Soddy Daisy, Tennessee
“Best Tex-Mex in Tennessee”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Being from Texas and growing up eating Tex-Mex, I was so excited when an actual Texas based Mexican food restaurant opened up in Tennessee. I have eaten at Chuy's (several locations) in Texas many times so knew what to expect. The food is always delicious, and plenteous. Try to go during Happy Hour and try their free nacho bar. The enchiladas with the fried egg on top is my husband's favorite dish. I don't have a favorite because everything I have had there has been wonderful. Try the charro beans instead of refried beans. And the green chili rice instead of their regular Spanish rice. You won't be disappointed. I just wish they would open up a Chuy's in Chattanooga as I am running out of excuses to drive up to Murfreesboro (just to eat there).

• Visited August 2013